Chapter 9

LEGOLAS:

He is truly our only option. But I'm still not sure we can trust him.. His father isn't most trustworthy.

I felt something snap inside of me.

The way he gazes at Tauriel, as if she's his. The way he shivers when her delicate hand brushes against his. My calm expression soon flushed into a deep scowl. My eyes were set on Elion. They bared into him, all the anger and hate being thrown into one stare.

"So. Please, tell us our plan." Tauriel says, breaking our trance. I shake my head, then plop myself down beside both her and Elion.

I haven't really had the time to think about my father's health. He ran off into the woods alone.. But I'm certain he's well. He's a fighter-- and he doesn't surrender. I snap out of my thoughts and sink into their conversation.

"We weaken their men before we fight." Tauriel's eyebrows furry in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"We do what we can to weaken them. Poison in the water supply, biological war, spoiling the food. Anything." I nod my head. "How are you certain that this will work?" His emerald green eyes bear into me. "I'm not. But it's worth a try."

"We can't simply risk our lives for something that might not work--"

"Legolas," Tauriel hisses. I snap my head in her direction, my face softer than before. "This is our only option. Either we sit back and let them wallow in our kingdom, or we do something about it and possibly win back our land."

I drop my eyes to the grassy field below me, taking her words into consideration. What do we have to loose? Everything else is lost. And as much as I hate to say it, but Elion is truly our last hope for a chance of victory.

I glance back up at the two of them, speaking with determination, "When do we start?"

They both offer me weak smiles. "Soon."

"I refuse to do anything until we get as many of our people as we can." Tauriel states. "Okay, but that will make things more difficult. Are you willing to flood the chance of i victory for this?"

I could tell Tauriel was angered. He even gave it thought that we would leave our people. It made my blood boil.

"Yes. What must we do?" She says.

"We need to fire an arrow into their food supply. It will weaken their strength, along with distracting them. Then we need one of us to sneak in," Elion states, glancing at both of us to reassure that we understand. Then he continues.

"And once we have one of us inside the territory, we rally as many people as we can. But if we don't make it... Then we have failed. If they even suspect something, they'll put up more defenses... Then your kingdom will be lost.." Elion says coldly.

"We must try. I cannot sit back and watch innocents back--"

"Tauriel... They might notice us--" I am cut off with her sharp voice. "You are willing to stand down watch our people die?" I shrink back. "No, that's not what--"

"If you are willing to let this continue... You're no king. You're just like your father." Then she snaps her body towards the woods and sets towards them, disappearing in the cloud of orange leaves.