Chapter 3

Thanks for all the love! 💜 You all are literally so amazing. Whenever I open wattpad, I have like 44 notifications, which makes me incredibly happy. And I love knowing that people enjoy my stories! Ily all so much and I really hope you are as excited as I am to continue making this fanfic!!💜💜💗😄✌️

THRANDUIL:

Why are we just sitting here? My kingdom is being run by orcs and my people are dead. What kind of king am I? One that cannot protect his home?

The sun was shining behind the mound of mountains. The daylight peeked through the trees and the birds song echoed throughout the forest.

Legolas has not left the she-elf's side since she fell into a slumber. I feel sympathetic for him- they cannot be together. I still will not except it.

LEGOLAS:

I haven't slept. All I could think about was my Home. Everyone is dead... Or a slave. A fate worse than death would be to serve the orc kin. They're disgusting, ruthless creatures with no bounds.

Tauriel shifted her body and rolled over to face me. Her eyes fluttered open, then she gave me a smile as she sits up.

"We should leave." My father mutters as he gets to his feet. My eyes drop to the ground and I nod my head in agreement. "What are we to do? How will we get the kingdom back?" Questions Tauriel. Thranduil spins around and meets her gaze.

"There is no getting back the kingdom. It's your bringing of those creatures! If you would have let Azog kill you, this would have never occurred."

"Father, I'm the one who knew he was going to attack us. I made that sacrifice when I got Tauriel back." I admitted. I haven't told him that I knew Azog was going to attack yet, but now he knew. And he was going to hate me for it.

"What? This was your doing?" He gets to his feet and glares at me with hate. My eyes fall to the ground. "You are no prince. Not king worthy, for that matter. If you truly cared for your spot amongst the throne, you wouldn't have thrown it all away for a lowly silvan elf-"

"I don't want a spot amongst the throne. I don't want to be royal." Saying that felt amazing. For the first time in forever, I didn't have to hide anymore. I've need actually wanted to he royal. I've hated the idea since a boy. I much rather be part of the guard- protecting people beside the woman I love. Why can't he see that? Why can't he accept that I can't be a king?

He was taken aback my words the instant they were said. His face was written with surprise and anger. "We're done here." He hisses, then turns on his heel and disappears into the woods.