Chapter 30- Game Day (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"I know, and I will. I just hope he and Jason don't cross paths first." Maddie says.

"What'd Rachel have to tell you?" I ask as we walk through the halls.

"I'd rather not talk about it." 

"Maddie, do you love Kase?" Keisha asks as we turn a corner and go up a staircase.

"Like nobody else, why?"

"You really need show him that."

  Silence then settles between us. Maddie looks to me, clearly confused and upset and the same time. The only thing I can do is half smile. She then sighs and forcefully throws her cup into a trash can we pass. And not even a half step more, Keisha stops walking and groans. I follow her eyes to in front of us. Jason and Gale are coming down the hall. I roll my eyes and my feet no longer move. Those two are like peas in a pod.

"Jason please, not right right now." Maddie says wit a weary smile.

"I'm sorry but I really need to talk with you. I know I'm causing a lot of trouble but I need you to know." Jason says once he's a few feet away from us.

  It's a good thing this hall is pretty much deserted at this time. Nothing is down here but a teacher's lounge and a few technology and business classes. Maddie sighs and runs a hand through her hair. Jason doesn't look desperate but I've never seen him so insistent about anything. After a moment Maddie agrees to talk with Jason and the two of them dip into a deserted classroom. I would've liked it better if they went to the library. It was only a little further.

"We know what you are." Keisha says to Gale.

  He stands across from us with his back against the wall and his arms crossed.

"Not surprised. Though I'm guessing they told you." Gale responds.

"They have names." I state, growing upset.

  Gale scoffs.

"They are monsters."

"Oh, and you're different how?" Keisha snaps.

"We don't go around sucking the life out of people." 

"They aren't all like that. And I'm sure wolves aren't as innocent as you like to think." I comment.

  A student then comes out of one of the classrooms. I assume he's a freshman by how he looks in one direction then the other. Around his neck is a hall pass so he was probably delivering a message from one teacher to another. He flashes a nervous grin at us but doesn't say anything. He figures out that he needs to walk through us, does and is gone. Neither Gale, Keisha or I had any sort of reaction. Picking up where we left off, Keisha continues to drill Gale.

"Our monsters- as you said, are Princes. I assume you know the power they have." 

"You think that would stop a wolf from trying to get to his mate?" 

"Jason had his chance, Gale. Now it's Kase's" I fire.

"Jason didn't know she was his mate at the time." Gale defends.

"That doesn't change anything. Kase has her now, that's all there is to it." Keisha continued. "And we know Kase can care for her. Can Jason?" 

  Gale doesn't seem so full steam ahead now.

"Money isn't love." He says.

"We never said that it was. Trust me, I know love and romance. I'm half French after all."

  Keisha smiles and Gale rolls his eyes.

"Why do you follow him around anyway?" Keisha asks. "It's always just you two. Don't wolves have packs to some tremendous number?"