Chapter 30- Game Day (Part 2)

Keeley and Kayden rose from their seats as fast as they could without causing suspicion and covered their brother so he wan't visible to others. Keisha and I take our chances and sit on the table, I guess in attempt to cover Keeley and Kayden. 

"We need a distraction." I hear Kayden say.

"We got it." I respond, referring to Keisha and I.

  I grab Keisha's hand and we both stand atop our table.

"What exactly is our distraction?" Keisha whispers to me as heads begin to turn.

"Uh...I was going to say that Jason and Maddie had rescheduled their competition, but I don't think that's such a good idea now."

"Ya think?" 

  I smile nervously.

"Can we use Jace?" 

"He would kill me."

"What other option do we have?"

  People are now looking at my best friend and I like we're crazy. I clear my throat and squeeze her hand, praying for another idea to come to mind. I hate purposefully drawing attention to myself. 

"Ladies and gentlemen listen up, my friend and I have a very important announcement!!" Keisha shouts, commanding the room.

  She then turns and looks at me.

"Yes, and that announcement is..." I stall.

  Mainly juniors are in the cafeteria but from the corner I see a blonde senior walk in.

"Has to do with Jace Sloan!" Keisha finished for me.

  I turn and glare at her. She gives an apologetic smile. Looking back out to our audience I see that the girls have perked up at the mention of my cousin. 

"The rumors around Jace and I are not true first of all! But, because of the attention I have gotten to know his family! So, the first five questions asked, I'll answer!"

"And whoever can guess the inspiration behind his song called White Rose before the end of the day will not only get the opportunity to meet privately with Jace Sloan, but also have a song on his next album inspired by them!" Keisha adds.

  I smile at the lies Keisha and I have told and the chaos they have caused. What makes this whole situation better, is nobody knows the inspiration behind the "White Rose" song. Only our family does.

"Is Jace engaged?!" One girl by the windows shouts.

"Yes!" Keisha and I respond.

"What of the rumor about he and Carrie Taylor?!" Another shouts from the lunch line.

  Keisha and I turn around to find the voice. 

"False, they're just good friends!" I answer.

"Does he care about his fans?!" A guy shouts.

  I roll my eyes at that question. Only if he knew. At Jace's house he has a whole room dedicated to fan mail.

"Of course he does!" Keisha answers.

"Two more!" I shout as a reminder.

  After the last two questions were asked, Keisha and I hopped off the table. Maddie made her way over and it's then that I notice the brothers are gone.

"What happened? What was that?" Maddie asks as we hurriedly walk out.

"You need to talk to Kase." Keisha answers.