𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔢

A/N: I apologize for the extremely late update. It's also hella short but the next chapter will be longer, I promise!

***
Carter
***

I hadn't realized how reliant I had become. Reliant on Billie and the small gestures she made that kept me smiling. Her presence alone had the ability to ease my nerves and keep my head on straight. But she wasn't here. Her presence wasn't here and neither were her texts, nor her calls.

I tried calling Finneas to see if he had noticed anything weird with Billie but apparently nothing seemed different. He asked me what was wrong but in all honesty, I didn't even know. I woke up with hangover after the party a few mornings ago and ever since then Billie has dropped off the face of the earth.

***

"CAR-CAR!" Hazelee shouted, taking a running leap into my arms, practically knocking me over.

"Hi baby!" I exclaimed, holding her tight. I've never been away from her for this long. James didn't even last this long watching her.
"Did you have fun?" I asked.

"Yeah," she smiled, showing me a beaded necklace. "Cwadia helped," she said. I was only gone a few nights and it seemed she had already gotten so much bigger, her words sounding clearer.

"I love it," I beamed.
I looked up to see Finneas, Claudia and Billie watching our interaction. As soon as my eyes met Billie's she stormed off to leave but I grabbed her wrist in my hand, halting her movements.

"Billie, what the fuck is going on?"

"I could ask you the same question," she fumed, looking me up and down.

"Hazelee, let's go bring peaches outside," Claudia said, pulling both her and Finneas outside. I watched as Billie rolled her eyes, trying to get out of my hold but failing.

"Was it fun fucking Gavin?"

"What?" I blurted out with wide eyes.

"Don't you lie to me," she threatened.

"I- Billie I never fucked him. Where did you even get that idea?"

"So the picture of you double fisting with him all cozied up to you didn't mean a thing?"

"Oh my god, no," I shook my head, dropping it in defeat and finally releasing my hand from her wrist. I took a few steps back and slumped down on the couch and to my surprise, Billie sat down next to me with a sigh.

"I swear we just hung out and I was hella drunk at that party but nothing happened."

It was silent for a moment and I took the opportunity to face my body towards Billie, reaching out to gently grasp her hand. "Billie I'm in love with you, no one else. I don't give a fuck about anyone or anything that isn't you. All I want is you. You've honestly changed my life and I don't want to go back to being the person I was before I met you."

"I'm sorry," she sighed. "I know all of that and I feel the same way but I got so insecure. Past relationships have fucked me up I guess."

"It's okay. I know how that feels," I chuckled humourlessly before making sincere eye contact. "But you have to trust me when I say you're the only one I ever want touching me."

"I trust you," she whispered, pulling me closer and attaching our lips.

***

"Bil?" I whispered to catch her attention as Hazelee was asleep between us.

"Hmm?" She hummed with sleepy eyes.

"So I've been wondering. What colour am I?"

"White."

"Not like that," I rolled my eyes. "Like, with your synesthesia."

"White," she said again. "Well, sometimes it's grayer but mostly white."

"Doesn't white stand for like purity and innocence?" I snorted.

"I suppose," she chuckled at my stupid snort. "Synesthesia doesn't really always mean something but I guess I do think of you as pure and innocent. When I first met you, you were a dark gray but as I got to know you, your aura became pure white. Your texture is silk and your number is 222," she elaborated.

"Interesting," I thought out loud, humming as I stared at the ceiling. "What colour is 2?"

"Pink," she answered quickly.

"What about Hazelee?"

"Hazelee is a pale yellow, her scent is freshly cut grass."

"Tell me more," I hummed as my eyes began to grow heavy.

"Well, your scent is the ocean. Your shape is a snowflake which is associated with white but you sound like a fire crackling on Christmas eve..."

And to her soft words, my body fully relaxed as I was surrounded by the two people I love the most.

***

Word Count: 754