Chapter 3

Somewhere in the forest, a mother Cuddle Pup was playing with her beautiful baby boy. Usually, Cuddle Pups would have a whole litter of babies, but she only had the one.

     There were other kids in the pack, but those were not hers. This one... this adorable little bundle of joy... this one was the only one she could call her own, and she loved him with all her heart.

The father of the baby, who also just so happened to be the leader of the pack, walked over to his wife and son, the biggest smile ever, plastered on his face.

"Isn't he beautiful, Emerson?" the Cuddle Pup Mama said softly, gazing down at her beautiful baby boy.

Emerson nuzzled his wife, closing his eyes with love.

"The most handsome boy I've ever known," he replied with a smile.

He turned to the sky, seeing the darkness surrounding them.

"Let's get some rest," Emerson said with a smile, laying down in the soft grass. "I love you, Ambrosia," he said to his beautiful wife.
"I love you too," she replied, licking his face gently, as they cuddled up as a family to get some sleep.

—————

'Chirp. Chirp,' a cricket chirped in the night.

The baby Cuddle Pup blinked his eyes open, yawning to awake himself from his dream. It was still very late at night, but now that he was up, the Cuddle Pup was ready to play.

A little cricket jumped by, chirping loudly, as if it was just begging to be chased.

"Grrr..." the baby Cuddle Pup growled playfully, locking his eyes on the cricket.

He squeezed out of the dog pile he slept in, and then pounced at the cricket, who quickly hopped away.

"Hey! Wait! Come back!" the Cuddle Pup laughed, jumping at the cricket again. "Grrr..." He tried to catch the cricket in between his paws, but again, it just jumped out of the way.

"I just wanna play!" he laughed, following the cricket.

The Cuddle Pup jumped again and again at the cricket, but it somehow kept avoiding him.

"Hmm..." He smiled, coming up with a new plan, as he bowed down, hiding in the tall blades of grass.

"Mighty hunter, Muramba has cornered his prey," he whispered, smiling as he stalked the cricket like a cat on the hunt.

The cricket had perched itself on a rock, and was chirping loudly, as it faced the opposite direction of the young Cuddle Pup.

(Drawing by littlekitty1346)

"Grrr..." Muramba growled softly, getting ready to pounce.

Quickly, he pounced at the cricket, who quickly hopped away, disappearing into the long blades of grass.

"Aw, man..." the Cuddle Pup pouted, as he climbed up onto the rock to see if he could spot the cricket.

"Whoa... cool..." Muramba said with a smile, gazing at how beautiful the forest was at night.

Chorus Flies chirped in a rhythmic tune in the dark of night, Glowflies lighting up the area beautifully, as Humworms bounced up and down in the ground, humming a lovely tune.

     Muramba smiled at the sounds and sights around him, beginning to bounce slightly to the beat, as he looked around.

     "If you love somebody. Better tell them why they're here 'cause. They just may run away from you," the little Cuddle Pup sang along with the many creatures who chirped and squealed in the night. "You'll never know what went well. Then again it just depends on. How long of time is left for you."

     He jumped off of the rock, sprinting through the forest, as he sang happily, Clapper Bugs lighting up around him, as he looked around, his eyes wide in pure wonder.

     "Now take it in but don't look down..." he sang. "'Cause I'm on top of the world, 'ey!I'm on top of the world, 'ey! Waiting on this for a while now. Paying my dues to the dirt."

     The little Cuddle Pup jumped around, as critters of all different shapes and sizes danced around him, making the music for his song. Even some of the trees were getting into the fun of things, singing backup.

     "I've been waiting to smile, 'ey! Been holding it in for a while, 'ey!" Muramba sang loudly, as he laughed with joy. "Take it with me if I can. Been dreaming of this since a child. I'm on top of the world!"

Suddenly, all the critters gasped, seeming suddenly scared of something, the forest falling silent, as they all quickly ran to hide.

     "Wait! Come back!" Muramba called out to the fleeing critters. "We were having fun!"

     'SNAP!'

     The little Cuddle Pup flinched at the sudden sound, turning quick to see what had caused it.

     His eyes widened in fear, as he gulped, shrinking away as he saw two glowing yellow eyes in a bush right in front of him.

—————

Ambrosia and Emerson slept peacefully in the dog pile, until a sudden screech was heard, waking everyone up at once.

"Muramba!" Ambrosia cried out in fear, immediately noticing her baby was missing.

Growls erupted from the forest along with pained yelps from a young Cuddle Pup. The pack gasped in unison, instantly knowing what was attacking. Growl Beasts...

The pained screeching of the Cuddle Pup died down into silence, the only sound being heard now was the wails of sorrow from Ambrosia.

"My baby..." she cried, as Emerson tried to comfort her. "My baby..."