Luna: I hope we go to the same school!

Mother: You're talking about that boy you met yesterday right?

Luna nods as she stuffs her face with food.

Mother: That would be nice but there are 2 schools in the area that are in walking distance. Don't get your hopes up ok.

Luna: *Swallows* Ok!

Mother: Well you're lucky I have work so I get to drive you to school.

Luna: I know. I didn't like walking with the students at my last school.

Mother: Put your shoes on and go ahead in the car ok.

Luna: OK!

The girl ran to the door and slipped on her shoes and went outside. She walked to the car and saw her new friend Seth across the street sitting under a tree.

Luna: SETH!!!!

The boy looks up to see the girl waving her whole arm in the air. He sends a small wave her way.

???: Seth, are you out here?

Seth: Yea I'm here.

???: Come on we have to get going- ah, who's that?

Seth: I don't know. Never seen them before.

???: Me neither. She must be new.

Seth: She knew my name though.

???: Ah, did she?

Seth: Yea, she yelled my name out.

???: Did you walk over here yesterday?

The boy shrugs.

???: Wait here ok.

The taller, older girl crosses the street and walks up to the smaller girl.

???: Hello, my name is Alex. I'm Seth's older sister.

Luna: Hi, I'm Luna!

Alex: Did you meet my brother yesterday?

Luna nods her head.

Alex: I see.

Alex Thinking: Will a kid his age understand his situation? Well I have to tell her.

Alex: I'm sorry to tell you, but my brother has something wrong with him in his brain.

Luna: Oh no, is he ok?

Alex: He's fine, but his memory isn't. You see, my brother has a problem remembering things. He could forget anything from his name, his age, even to people he knows.

Luna: That's not good.

Alex: So, I'm sorry, but my brother has forgotten about you.

Luna: Wait what?!

Alex: He didn't mean to I promise, it's not his fault. He does this time to time. He would forget me one day but then remember me the next. It's just the problem with memory loss. I'm sorry, but you can introduce yourself again later.

Seth: Sis are you coming!!!

Alex: Yes I'm coming!! I'm sorry, but it's just how it is. Sorry.

Alex turns and walks away back to her brother. They walk and turn the corner.

Mother: Luna, is something wrong? Ah, why are you crying?

Luna: It- It's not his fault! It's Not His Fault!!

Five Years Later

Mother: Are you going to eat today?

Luna: I'm leaving early.