3

Michael wolf whistles loudly and Luke flushes a dark pink and tangles his fingers in the chain of his necklace. The metal cross bumps against his knuckles and reminds Calum that he's not actually allowed to touch.

He removes his hands from Luke's waist and flips Michael off, though the boy just snorts and continues texting Ashton.

"Ignore him," Calum says quietly. "He's just jealous the spark is gone from his relationship." He says it loud enough so Michael can hear from across the empty hallway of their college. Michael glances up from his phone and does a slow hip thrusting movement, moaning Ashton's name in a loud, provocative tone. The action has Luke blushing again and glancing down at his toes, furrowing his eyebrows slightly.

"Can I-" he mumbles.

Calum cuts him off with a wave of his hand and a small shrug. "Go ahead. You have ten minutes to get to class, yet."

Luke starts at that, quickly clasping his hands together and ducking his head down even more. He starts mumbling a small prayer under his breath, unheard by Calum and Michael. He manages to catch "please forgive this wild homosexual, father, he's honestly not that bad sometimes,"

Michael barks out a laughter when he hears that, causing Luke to stutter in his prayer and smile slightly. Luke finishes up and instantly surges forward, colliding his entire body against Calum's. His arms wrap tightly around Calum's neck and his chest presses tightly against the older boy's. Calum stumbles back a step or two, but manages to grab Luke's waist at the last second to steady them. Luke kisses his cheek, right next to Calum's ear, and whispers, "I'm still coming over tonight, right?"

Calum hums in conformation. "It's a date," he agrees. Luke tenses at that, his entire body going rigid at the three simple words. "Or, it's a bro date?" Calum tries instead. Luke let's out a snort of laughter and leans down to bury his face into Calum's neck.

"A bro date," he agrees quietly.

Calum nods and flicks his eyes over to Michael, who looks equal parts confused and annoyed. he opens his mouth, but Calum glares at him until he closes it again. "Lukey, you should probably get to class. I'll see you tonight, alright?"

Luke huffs. He untangles his arms from around Calum's neck and steps away from him carefully, glancing around to confirm that it's only the three of them in the hallway. He darts forward suddenly and presses his lips against Calum's for a solid half of a second. Before Calum can even kiss him back, Luke's spinning around and hurrying off to class without another word.

Calum raises his eyebrows at the blondes back, then turns to Michael when Luke is out of sight.

"You sure pick 'em weird, Cal," is all Michael says.

••••

Luke knocks on the door at 5:59. Ashton opens it, takes one look at him, and closes it again.

"Calum, someone left a flaming bag of shit with your name on it on the front porch!" He calls. Calum huffs in frustration from the kitchen, glancing over to where Michael's beaming with pride.

"He has a name!" Calum yells back.

"What, his name isn't Flaming Pile Of Dog Shit Labeled Calum?" Michael asks, backing up his boyfriends previous statement. Calum shoves him off the kitchen counter, then pushes him towards the stairs.

"You guys aren't invited to this bro date, so fuck off," he attempts to force Michael up the stairs, but neither of them are moving, really.

"Good, we don't want to come," Ashton pushes past both of them and practically shashays up the stairs. Michael follows him eagerly, making Calum stumble and huff in annoyance again. Once he's positive they're actually going upstairs, and aren't about to do something to ruin his date, Calum spins around and hurries to throw the door open.