Chapter 18: Expected Tension (Hyunjin POV)

Comenzar desde el principio

But with all those things happening in a blur, we now stood face to face. Outside the studio. Under a random tree...just like the time we saw each other at the park.

"I have questions..." we both said at once. Woah...freaky.

"You should start first, sunbae-" Monday spoke first but I felt compelled to correct her over-politeness (because we are off work now).

"Hyunjin unnie," I said. "Just call me Hyunjin unnie."

"Unnie...?" she hesitated. "Gosh this is weird...I have only ever called Soojin unnie since Weeekly first formed."

Ah of course, how could I forget genius Soojin from Mix Nine days. Oh, the memories.

"I know you and Soojin unnie were in Mix Nine together with Heejin sunb- I mean, unnie," Monday quickly told me. Dang she is cute when flustering her words.

Naturally, we began strolling down the road with our masks on. For some reason, it just felt better that way since our first impressions of each other were when we were masked up in the park.

"Hyunjin ssi...?" Monday broke the silence. "Why did you want to meet me? And not Jihan?"

"I'm not Jihan's bias..." I stated the facts while casually avoiding the main reason. "Although I wouldn't be surprised if she kept changing her biases at some point."

"I must be important to you, right?" she guessed.

Yes, you are somehow important because ever since I saw you, I kept thinking about you, Kim Jimin.

"물라..." I gave a different answer. "Even if I wanted to tell you, this is not the right place for it. Let's buy a drink and go to Yeouido Park, how about that?"

Monday agreed and we found a mobile cafe on wheels just down the road. The shop owner immediately asked us what we wanted.

"Frappucino," Monday and I said our orders at the same time.

"뭐야?" the owner sounded shocked as she went to prepare our drinks. "쌍둥이야?!"

Does she think we are twins, or looked alike?! Pfft, that's a long shot.

"We could be?" Monday suddenly ad-libbed, which made me laugh.

When she looked at me quizzically, I just answered, "You must be the wittiest member in Weeekly, right?"

Monday sighed and collected our drinks. When she handed my drink to me, I noticed a somewhat solemn look...one that seemed to be reminiscing as well.

Upon sitting on a bench we found at the nearby Yeouido Park, we quietly sipped our drinks before I broke the silence with, "미안해요..."

"It's about that fire incident, right?" Monday seemed to know, to which I nodded.

"I did not give a proper explanation that day..." I admitted. "It was in a spur of the moment that I saw the building with your showcase was near the fire. Because I have been supporting you and Weeekly, I was worried for your safety. I didn't know you guys also had a failed pre-debut before...otherwise I..."

I would have gone to put out the fire myself so your showcase could have carried on normally.

"Why did you still save us...?" Monday kept probing. "On behalf of Weeekly, we are really thankful someone warned the security about it, but...why did you do it?"

I knew she wanted the real answer.

"I felt guilty...J-J-Jimin..." I forced myself to say her name.

"Wait- you know my name?" Monday was surprised.

"Isn't it on the online profiles already?" I kinda gave her a 'duh' face.