Chapter 87: Real-World Decisions

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Dad's right, Hayate."

I turn around and see Kazuki by the back door, showing that he's done throwing away the garbage bags. I then see him heading to a sink to wash his hands as he says, "I'm a little scared about playing [Isekai] alone after my birthday, but while I want to keep exploring the world with you, I do want to decide what kind of mage I will be in <Volo>. You should do the same with your goal as a hunter. Hopefully, we might be able to make our paths separately when the time comes!"

So... That's his decision, too, huh?

"Hayate, you don't need to rush things. You're free to take things nice and slow after your graduation. You don't need to split off from Kazuki if you like. As long you find your future, you may be able to move forward like him."

Move forward, eh? Guess that's 3 good points from Dad again.

"I guess. I'll think about it very hard. Though, please promise me to think before you recruit more players and beta testers! I don't want to get another heart attack like yesterday."

I can hear Dad chuckling behind my back. "I promise. Now, aren't you two supposed to have breakfast right now?"

Oh, shoot! I almost forgot! I better start eating and preparing if I don't want to be late for school again!

-----

"Yuri Ichiro. A 12-years-old player from Tokyo, Japan, and the son of the worldbuilding writer, Katashi Ichiro," Mr. Spears read out aloud as he went through the folders inside the observance room. "I did hear him boast that he's a big fan of mecha anime shows and video games such as Pokemon and Dragon Quest."

"Still, I'm surprised you found himself at the Shibuya bus stop during your business trip, Miles. I heard the traffic there is dangerous for a young kid like him. Who knows what would happen if you didn't notice him in time?" Mr. White wondered.

"Agreed. Though I'm more surprised that Adam told me Yuri transferred to the same school as his younger son. I also heard his older son wasn't happy about the revelations though."

Mr. Spears chuckled as he stared at the files. "Still, seeing him with the second book might make things a lot more unpredictable on our end. Considering the story Mr. Ichiro pulled out along with the others, even we can't expect something predictable on our end."

Mr. White sighed and stared at the monitor.

"Let's just wait before we can confront him like with Palmer and his potion shortage idea."

-----

After school, Zac, Damon, and I decide to pick up my brother again. But as we arrive at his school gates, we notice that he isn't alone. Beside him is a boy with bluish-black hair somewhat his age and wears a blue hoodie jacket, blue shirt, blue denim shorts, and green sneakers. Just staring at him seems very similar to a certain player we recently met. Of course, it's no riddle at all since we already know the truth.

"Oh, hey guys!" Kazuki shouted as he and the boy run up to us.

"Hey, Kazuki. Is this your friend in real life?" I cautiously ask, not because I'm suspicious, but because I don't want to offend Kazuki's first real-life friend.

"What do I look like then? A ghost?" The boy grins as he places his hands over his back like any other shonen protagonist I saw. "But seriously, it's nice to meet you guys in person. The name's Yuri. Yuri Ichiro!"

"Oh, hey, Yuri!" Zac says with his usual grin on his face. "And I must say... Ore wa..."

"Again... Please don't..." Yuri begs as I see him covering his face, at which I get the notion.