thirty-two

Ѱ

"I'm never deleting this," Heeseung says as Sunghoon lunges for his phone. Jungwon is grinning beside his boyfriend, and Jay is sitting atop the kitchen counter, drawing on a whiteboard. He's assigning both couples to rooms in the house to be responsible for.

Sunghoon is moving out of his house in Hawaii so he can permanently reside in London. Jungwon is going with him since he's going to get his Ph.D. at a university there, and they're going to live in an apartment together.

Since Heeseung and Jay are in town for Heeseung's brother's wedding, they offered to help Sunghoon pack. They were discussing the wedding as they gathered in the living room to decide who would pack what when Heeseung pulled out his phone and scrolled through his camera roll.

There are many photos since it's a wedding and you gotta document that, so currently Heeseung is howling with laughter as he finds a video of Sunghoon tipsily dancing by himself on the dance floor with a tiny chocolate-toffee cake stain on his teal tie, champagne flute in hand and hair mussed from a long night of celebration.

"It's seriously not that bad," Jungwon says as he catches the phone when Heeseung tosses it to him—easily evading Sunghoon—and looks down at the video. "Plus, if you really hate these," he smirks at Sunghoon, "you should see the photo booth pictures we took together. You looked awful, and that's a stretch since your stupidly good-looking face hardly ever looks anything but charming."

Sunghoon rolls his eyes and ruffles Jungwon's hair while Heeseung complains how Sunghoon's bad days are most people's good days, and Jay finishes organizing the teams. "Okay, lovebirds. Enough of that," he says as he hops off the counter and shows them the whiteboard. "Heeseung and I will cover the attic and the basement. Sunghoon and Jungwon will do the kitchen and Sunghoon's bedroom. Got it?"

"Sir, yes sir." Sunghoon salutes and he grabs Jungwon's hand, both of them snickering as they race down the hall and up the stairs. Heeseung has a sickly sweet smile on his face as he watches them go, and when Jay moves to walk past him to the basement, Heeseung gently takes his face in his palm and smoothes a thumb across his cheekbone before kissing the spot.

"Okay, time to work," Heeseung then says as he slides past Jay on the hardwood floor, Christmas socks proudly on display even though July isn't for another few days. June came fast, but to be fair, Jay hasn't really been paying attention. Lately, life has been too good to stop and listen to the bluebirds sing. Besides, if he wanted to listen to something pretty, he could just ask Heeseung to sing for him. Easy peasy.

Jay and Heeseung clear out the basement quickly and file up the stairs with boxes in their arms. When they've got it all up, they take everything to the U-Haul that'll deliver the moving boxes to an international transfer company. Jungwon is outside piling some stuff from Sunghoon's room into the truck, and Sunghoon is rummaging around the inside the truck, muttering something about keys.

"Huh, this feels a little familiar," Heeseung says as he and Jay lift a box of heavy blankets into the trunk.

"Yea, sure," Jay quips. "Except this time, the two guys moving in together have actually communicated and know that the other person likes them."

Jungwon goes, "ha!" from somewhere behind him, and Sunghoon throws his hands up in the air in exasperation.

"You two are so... agh!" He exclaims. "Literally everyone but you both knew you were head over heels for each other."

"The best-kept secret," Jungwon teases, and Jay flips them both off. They'd both been sending Heeseung and him mischievous looks throughout the wedding ceremony and only stopped when they got caught by Mila. Heeseung had mouthed a 'thank you' to her when she'd sent them an apologetic look that clearly meant 'sorry for my idiot brother and his ridiculous boyfriend.'