I nodded and took a white towel from my drawer. She's already sitting on the couch when I look back at her, drinking water from the bottle. 

Her sweat is already dripping, and I had no choice but to wipe her sweat myself.

Not that I don't want to.

"Thank you."

"No, Thank you." I said to her. "Thank you for helping us today."

"No, I really want to thank you." She smiled. "You have no idea how much you've helped me today."

Help? 

My eyebrows furrowed. 

I didn't do anything. 

I looked back at her when I heard her chuckle. 

"I know you're confused." She stopped my hand from wiping her sweat. "Do you wanna hear why?"

I just nodded. I don't know what to say.

She pulled me to the couch, making me sit down beside her. We're so close to each other, I can feel our shoulders touching.

"This day…" She trailed off. "Was the same day when my parents died."

My eyes widened.

"Then what are you—"

"They died because of a plane crash. I was left alone. I felt so alone that day." She glanced at me. "And I don't want to feel alone whenever this day comes. It just reminds me of them."

I didn't speak. 

"That's why I'm thanking you. Because I don't feel alone today. I feel happy, even. Thank you for making this day bearable." 

"Why are you smiling?"

"Huh?"

"Why are you smiling even when your eyes scream sadness?" I asked her straightforwardly.

She looked taken aback by my question. But she immediately gave me an answer. 

"Someone told me to smile because I look beautiful in it." She chuckled. 

"That's it?" I asked. "Who told you that?"

"You."

Huh?

"Me?" 

"Yes," She pointed at me. "You."

I just stared at her. 

What is she saying?

My confusion quickly disappeared when I saw her laugh. I frowned at her. 

Is she playing with me?

"Sorry, sorry." She muttered while stifling her laugh. "You just look so adorable when you're thinking hard."

"…Well then, thanks to my adorable face?"

I sighed. 

At least she's happy now. 

I don't want to see those sad eyes again.

"Just wait here." I said and stood up from my seat.

I was about to leave the office when I heard her voice.

"Where are you going?"

"Getting ice cream." I answered, looking back at her. "I'll treat you ice cream."

"Why?"

I just stood there in silence, before shrugging. "Ice cream makes people happy."

I saw her smile at me again. A wide, genuine smile that made me smile back at her too.