Chapter 6: The Offshore Battle of Rodenius (PART 1)

Start from the beginning

(Whoa... Look at that size. If it's this enormous, it does have more personnel than our ships. It was essentially crucial in combat doctrine, if you have lot of people you could control the outcome of the battle. Which could exponentially increased the winning chance as strength per ship due to they've got more personnel to spare for the battle)

Breweye considered the frigate based on their common sense without guns and missiles.

Light Carrier HTMS Chakri Naruebet

Length: 182.65 meters o/a

Displacement: 11,500 tonnes full load

Construction cost: 285 million US dollars

The Vessel was based on the design of the Spanish navy aircraft carrier Prìncipe de Asturias, which in turn was based on the United States Navy's Sea Control Ship concept.

Could it... made of iron? How did it float in the sea? Breweye's questions were simply too many. He went below decks of the ASEAN ship. It was... very bright inside. Did they use light magic? Was the entire ship run with magic?

Breweye was brought to the ship's captain.

"I'm Captain Kraisee."

" My name is Breweye, I am the military attachè from the Principality of Qua Toyne, Second Fleet. We appreciated your assistance in this undertaking."

"Let us cut the chase, we're already located of the enemy forces. They're about 480 kilometers west of our position. They are moving slower than our initial calculations. So, we will departing tomorrow morning and engage them. Once arrived, we will request for them to turn back or else face retaliation. So, until then, just seat back and relax ."

Breweye was surprised, they planned to challenge the entire fleet of 4,400 ships singlehandedly, without cooperating with the Qua Toynese navy! Their ships were clearly enormous and could accommodate countless fighers, but, with only 30 ships, it was still impossible to face-off such a huge number. He was also confused of the fact that he saw no ballistae or ways to defend against fire arrows.

Next day, early morning

The ASEAN Combined fleet set off.

Breweye was astounded .

(Just how many times should I feel like this?! It's felt like I'm undergoing state of perpetual of shock!)

So fast! They were currently moving at speed surpassed a Qua Toynese ship. Aside from that... the other ships were pretty far away. Wouldn't it be better to stay in close formation?

The fleet traveled west at a speed of 20 knots. Eventually, the large Laurian fleet appeared in the horizon.

Kingdom of Lauria, Eastern subjugation naval forces Vice-Admiral Scharkun

"What a magnificent sight."

Ships sailed forward over the vast ocean, their sails pushed by wind. Numbering 4,400, crewed by multiple times as many sailors who would later become the landing party, they were heading for the commercial city of Myhak.

'The only things in sight were ships.' Or... 'the sea had been completely covered in ships.' Perhaps that was a better way to express it.

After spending 6 years preparation period and military assistance of the Parpaldia Empire, their great fleet was finally completed. No force on Rodenius could stop it. In fact, they might even overwhelmed the Parpaldia with this fleet!

His ambitions began to heat up. But then, He remembered that Parpaldia had a weapon called a "gunboat" that was rumored to specifically not to capture but to destroy enemy ships... It was still too dangerous to challenge one of the Third Civilization's superpowers.