XXVI.

♛ ♛ ♛

"I'm sorry darling, but just friends do not look at each other like that," Freddie says to me, and I roll from my back to my stomach on the glossy lid of the grand piano, propping my chin on my palm.

"Oh shut up, Fred," I chide, "you heard what I said." He gives me a look and I roll my eyes, looking out towards the setting sun.

"Well, I think we're done here for the day," Freddie claps his hands, standing from the stool. I groan, sliding off the piano.

"Thank god," I reply, stretching my hands over my head.

"Now, go get some rest, rehearsals tomorrow morning." I say goodnight to him before retiring upstairs to my room. I decide to take a shower, turning on the faucet only to realize I didn't bring anything to shower with. My only thought is that I know Roger will have some, and with a deep sigh and a racing heart, I head out of my room and to his, knocking on the door. When there's no answer, I slowly push inside.

What I'm immediately hit with his the agonizingly familiar smell of cigarettes and Roger's cologne. It's an intoxicating mix, and my movements falter for only a second. My attention eventually does turn to the bathroom where I can hear the shower running and I quickly pad over, knocking as I open the door.

"Roger?" I call, steam rolling out of the door and brushing across my skin. 

"Yeah?" He responds, poking his head out from behind the curtain, hair dripping. His expression softens when he sees me. "What's wrong?"

"I was just going to ask to borrow something, but I can wait until you're done," I begin to back out of the bathroom, but I'm stopped by Roger extending his arm out to me. I stare at his hand for a moment before I involuntarily begin to move, one second standing on cool tile, and the next, back to back with Roger.

"How are you?" Roger asks as I run my hands over my hair. He's moved towards the shower head a little, so that the water reaches me.

"Fine," I respond, voice wavering as I drag my hands over my hair. There's a moment of silence before Roger shuffles behind me, reaching around my shoulder to grab one of the bottles on the shelf. He then begins to work his shampoo into my hair, and I can't do anything but let him, focusing on my breathing. Once he's done, he turns back around, moving forward again so the water hits me. I can't help but think of how this is the first time we've touched (minus the leg thing) since I had cut him off, and it's in a shower, hot and slick.

"Your room smells good," I murmur, turning around to face his back. His muscles tense a bit and I can only assume he's realized I've turned. "Almost knocked me off my feet when I came in."

Roger only hums in response as I draw mindless shapes into his back, and he relaxes into my touch. Eventually, I snake my hands along his sides before wrapping my arms around his middle, pressing flush to him with my cheek against his back. We stay like this a while, Roger brushing his fingers over my wrists and forearms.

"I missed you, Roger." It's barely above a whisper, but he's heard it, and he spins around, gathering me in a wet hug, one that makes me completely melt.

"God, you've no idea how badly I've missed you," he says in my ear. His hands travel down to my hips as I let mine run up his chest, wrapping around his neck and rolling up on my toes.