XIX.

♛ ♛ ♛

"So how do you reckon we go about this?" I ask the chauffeur who looks back at me in his rear view mirror. He had parked us a little ways away from the building, due to the plethora of people waiting outside of the place with cameras and such.

"I could try and take you around back," the man suggests. I nod in response and he starts us off, managing to get around without stirring the suspicions of the reporters. I nod my thank you to the man before getting out of the car, hurrying into the building. I enter into a sort of commons area where there's a small group of people talking around a table who immediately look my way.

"Uh, sorry," I say quickly, one of the men at the table standing.

"You're here for the photo shoot?" He asks.

"Yes, do you know where it is?" I nervously fiddle with one of my necklaces.

"Yeah, I can take you," he waves me along and I quickly walk after him into a corridor. After running his hand through his hair, he shoves his hands in his pockets. As we walk, I can feel his gaze occasionally landing on me and I begin to feel a bit awkward.

"Here we are," he brings us to a stop in front of a door and takes me up and down. "Doing anything after the shoot?"

"Yeah," I brush off my dress, "probably my boyfriend." With that, I swing open the door, stepping inside the room. I'm immediately aggressively approached my Paul.

"Where've you been?" He asks, "we've been waiting ten minutes for you."

"Well, considering I had to sneak both out the back of the hotel and sneak in the back of this building due to the press I was failed to be informed about, I think I have a pretty solid excuse, Pretner." He seems like he wants to say something else to me, but he doesn't get the chance.

"Clementine?" I swivel my head to the side at the familiar voice, finding Roger with his jaw slack, looking me up and down. I can't help the smile that tugs at my lips as I bound over to him, jumping into his arms.

"Hey Rog," I say as I step back from the hug, looking him up and down. I find he's clad head to toe in an all black outfit. "You look great."

"Clementine, you look," he pulls a hand through his hair, breathing out, "absolutely gorgeous."

I laugh, looking down to shake out the skirt of the dress a little as I feel my cheeks lightly burn. When I look back up, Roger's still staring at me with a lopsided grin now gracing his features.

"There she is!" I turn my head at the sound of Freddie's voice. He's dressed similarly to Roger, in all black, but with his Freddie Mercury flare of course.

"Hey Freddie," I grin, "still looks as good as the first time right?"

"I'd say even better, darling." He takes my hand, spinning me around. "I can't wait to see these photos."

Roger waits for Freddie to bounce away before pulling me against his side by the waist, leaning down to my ear.

"I can't wait to rip this off of you."

-

The entirety of the photo shoot Roger had found multiple ways to not so inconspicuously touch me, in about the same manner as the first time we had met and I had been dragging him back from the club bathroom. I could tell he was enjoying the shoot in some sense, but his eyes told me of where he really wished to be. By the end of the whole affair my stomach had grown a little too achey, my skin a little to aflame.