Chapter 13: Danger

The next morning it was all over the news that Michael had successfully escaped from prison again and it was reported that he left town.

"Where's he headed?" Selena asked.

"I don't know." Tori answered.

"He's already killed a few police officers and some random high school couple last night. He's running away before he gets caught again." Brinley responded.

"Do you think he's looking for you, Brin?" Tori asked.

"I wouldn't even know. He seemed pretty angry he didn't finish me off." Brinley joked shaking her head.

"One of the murders had the words Freddy's back on one of those cops. What does that even mean?" Selena asked.

"The only Freddy I know and heard of is that dream demon." Tori answered.

"He can't be real though." Brinley replied in disbelief.

"Does Michael really think that'd clear his name or something?" Selena asked.

"I don't even know but we gotta get out of here and try and follow him." Brinley answered. 

"Let's pack our things then and we'll get out of here." Tori said.

The girls packed their things and headed for Selena's van when Selena noticed Stefan's car coming in her driveway.

"Oh no." Selena mumbled as she watched him get out and walk towards her.

"Headed somewhere?" Stefan asked jokingly.

"Road trip." Selena lied nervously.

"Heard about Michael yet?"

"Yeah and that's a very scary thing."

"Is that why you're leaving?" Stefan asked looking into her eyes with worry.

"I-I-um. Okay... I'm leaving because we're following him to end this one and for all." Selena admitted. She didn't want to tell him but she was a terrible liar. She wanted to keep him safe and away from Michael.

"You can't do that. The police can handle it." Stefan responded.

"Well they haven't done a good job so far."

"Let me go with you."

"I can't do that to you. This is my mess not yours. I like you and I can't risk your life." Selena argued.

"But I won't let you go alone. It's too dangerous." Stefan shot back.

"Stefan, please if you really like me you'll stay here where you're safe." Selena pleaded as tears formed in her eyes.

"Let me go with you." Stefan pleaded back and took her hand.

"You don't know what you're getting yourself into."

"As long as I can protect you, I'll be fine."

"Okay," Selena sighed in defeat. "you have an hour to pack but if you don't come back we will leave without you."

"I'll get ready then."

Stefan and the girls drove in an awkward silence with Brinley driving, Tori in the passenger seat and Stefan and Selena sitting in the back.

"So what's your favorite sport, Stefan?" Tori asked breaking the silence.

"Football." Stefan answered.

"Cool, cool." Tori responded awkwardly. Tori had to admit Stefan was handsome but he wasn't her type but she understood the appeal he had. But she felt awkward knowing Brinley liked him when Selena also liked him.

"Hush, I'm trying to listen." Brinley said as she took one hand and turned up the radio.