Chapter 10: Porch Light

Selena and Stefan got closer and she knew where this was leading to if she got an inch closer to him. She didn't want to jinx anything and get attached too quickly if things wouldn't work out. She never had a serious relationship with anyone and it usually would blow up in her face pretty early on if she gave a guy a chance. She was scared to get close to Stefan because she was having fun with him now but he might regret trying to start a relationship with her. She didn't want to like him because it would mean risking the chance of him breaking up with her before things got serious. But she did like him. Maybe it was the fact that despite he would say a sarcastic thing and acted cocky he seemed like a nice guy. 

But she was done being scared of the idea of having a relationship. She knew if she never gave Stefan a chance then she'd possibly miss out on something great. She grabbed onto the back of his head as she closed her eyes and kissed him right there on the spot in a passionate way. He responded by kissing her back and their kiss lasted for a few seconds before Selena pulled away and opened her eyes meeting his gaze. They stared into each other's eyes for what felt like forever but Selena didn't mind that. His eyes were beautiful and warm and she would stare into them forever if she could. 

"I should probably go inside before my friends worries about me." Selena said looking down breaking their silence. 

"I'll walk you to your porch then." Stefan responded.

"Okay, sure." Selena said looking up and opened her door. 

They walked up to the porch and Selena and Stefan stood there awkwardly, each not knowing what to say after having their first kiss. It was like they were highschoolers who didn't know what to do.

"Goodnight." Selena said.

"Goodnight." Stefan responded. 

Selena opened the door with her key and turned around and waved at Stefan and watched him leave before she shut the door smiling from ear to ear. 

"Brinley are you still here?" Selena called out. 

Selena didn't get a response and and headed for the living room when Brinley jumped out of nowhere and shouted "Gotcha!"

"Brinley!" Selena shrieked as she winced. 

"What?" Brinley asked plying dumb. 

"That's nor funny." Selena sighed and sat on the living room couch.

"So how was your date?"

"It was... amazing."

"Oh my gosh you gotta tell me everything." Brinley said giggling. 

"Alright well we--" Selena started to say until the doorbell rang. 

"I'll get it but I want details when I get back." Brinley giggled and got up and cheerfully went to answer the door. 

Brinley answered it seeing Stefan standing there. 

"Uhh-- hi." Brinley awkwardly said.

"Hey there. You're that friend who helped set us up, right?" Stefan asked. 

"Yeah... that was me." 

"I was just leaving and when I started to drive off I noticed Selena forgot her purse." Stefan explained holding up her purse in his hand. 

"I am so sorry about that. She does that all the time but with my car." Brinley replied laughing as she took Selena's purse and hung it up on the back of the door. 

"I didn't go through it so hopefully nothing fell out of her purse but I didn't see anything else."

"Well she will be relieved to know her purse isn't missing." Brinley joked looking into his eyes. His bright blue eyes stared back at her. She then really paid attention to his face. To her, he was the most gorgeous man she had ever met. 

"I should go since it's late." Stefan said.

"Yeah, I totally get it. But it was nice meeting you." Brinley nodded.

"Night."

"Goodnight." Brinley said as he left and she shut the door.