006. i'm not the mum friend

Start from the beginning

"Keep the signal clear."

"You are such a mum friend." Athena scoffed, JJ pointing at her in agreement.

"And you aren't?" Pope retorted.

"I am not." Athena disagreed, shaking her head. "My friendship group doesn't have a mum friend, there isn't enough of us, they all left me." She then laughed slightly, "I don't even have a mum."

The silence in the van was deafening as both Kie and Pope turned and stared at her in slight shock, John B's eyes widening and he would have turned and stared if it wasn't for the fact that he was driving. It wasn't until JJ broke it with a small laugh that the tension dissipated.

"Same." JJ lifted his hand up to high five the girl, which she happily did. "We should start a gang, pogues only. If you don't have a mum come along."

"I'll be there, ready and waiting if you do." She smiled. Pope nudged her as the van came to a stop, them finally arriving a few metres from the salvage yard. Athena swung her legs off of Pope, climbing over JJ and opening the door. 

"Hey." JJ spoke up as she turned to close to the door. "Be careful."

"I think I should be telling you that." Athena nodded between him and Pope. "Don't kill each other."

They shared a small smile before she slammed the door, walking around the car to meet Kie. Kiara linked arms with her as they made their way towards Kie's car, the HSM pogue connected to it. Athena hopped in the passenger seat as they drove into the entrance of the salvage yard. The girls got out of the car, Kie letting out some of the air from her tyre before they made their way towards the security guard.

"Hello, hi!" The two called with large smiles on their faces, taking their role as the distraction seriously.

"Can I help you?" He asked, slightly intrigued as he looked up them up and down.

"I actually have a flat tyre, I was wondering if maybe you could help us out?" Kie ask him. The man stared at the two, not saying anything as his eyes narrowed slightly. Athena then stepped forward, letting out a deep breath, knowing that the boys needed this plan to work.

"We can leave if it's a trouble, we just thought we needed someone strong like you to, you know, help us." Athena put on an innocent smile, gently flicking her hair over her shoulder. The man looked her up and down once more before looking over at Kie.

"Yeah, I can help." He walked away, going to get some tools.

"It's too easy." Athena stated as she stepped back next to the brunette, who nodded.

"That was gross." Kie muttered.

"Yep." Athena played with her necklace in discomfort. "Kill all men 2020."

"Preach."

The man then returned, Kie showing him the tyre she had let down moments earlier, "It's just this back one right here. I mean, it must have been a slow leak or something."

"Probably just been sitting in the yard too long." The man suggested, the two girls nodding their heads with small smiles. "Yeah, I-I got this."

He then bent down and started to work. The girls stood anxiously as they waited, sharing concerned looks every few moments. However, their glances turned into wide eyed looks when a dog suddenly started to bark, making Athena jump slightly.

"Did you hear that?" He spun and asked them.

"Heart what?" Kie answered making Athena sent her a narrowed eyes 'really' look.

"Oh Teebow's got something." Athena assumed Teebow was the dog that was currently barking. She looked behind her, not seeing anything in her eyeline.

"It's probably just a raccoon, maybe. You know." Athena smiled at him. "Nothing to worry about."