"I get it. I get it. I understand." John B told him as JJ walked away.

Sarah looked up at them, leaning into Scarlett's side-hug. "I have an idea." She announced. "With me back, my dad's going to have to choose between me and Rafe."

"Sarah, Sarah-" John B started, walking towards her.

"He's gonna choose me." Sarah told them.

Scarlett frowned, unsure how to tell the girl that it probably wasn't going to work out that way. Ward was an asshole, and Scarlett knew that while he probably treated Sarah like she was his favourite, he'd probably end up choosing Rafe over her.

"Just listen." John B tried, standing in front of her and kneeling down slightly. "Ward keeps lying to you, Sarah."

Scarlett nodded. "I know he's your father, but he's not a good man. This won't end the way you want it to."

Across from them, Kiara agreed. "Look, Sarah, he won't agree after everything that's happened."

Sarah shook her head slightly. "No. I... I know it sounds crazy."

"Yeah, it does." Kiara agreed again.

"I know!" Sarah cried. "But he's my dad. And I know him, and I know he loves me." She looked around at each of her friends. "I'm just asking for two hours." She pleaded.

Scarlett shrugged. "It's the only plan we've got right now." She pointed out as Sarah stood up and began walking down the grass to the boat. "What else are we meant to do?" John B nodded, beginning to follow after his girlfriend. The two talked for a few minutes before Sarah left in the HMS. Scarlett could only hope that against all their odds Sarah would be right and her plan would work. She didn't know what they'd do if it didn't.

⭐⭐⭐

Scarlett sat next to John B and Pope in the grass by the water's edge. Pope had told them in a bit more detail of his interaction with Limbrey. Scarlett had yet to speak to the woman, but she already despised her. Why would a woman as rich as her need to find the gold. What use would she have for 400 million? It made no sense. "The tape, you heard it?" John B asked.

"Just a few seconds. But it's definitely Gavin." Pope answered. "I think Ward might have betrayed Limbrey like he did your parents."

Scarlett looked over to him, her eyebrows furrowing. "He's such a douchebag." She mumbled. "I wish he would be the one who gets shot for once, instead of us."

John B nodded, glancing at her before looking back at Pope. "Do you think Limbrey and your parents might have been working together?" Pope asked.

Scarlett shrugged. "Mom never mentioned anyone by that name." She fiddled with her mother's old rings that were still on her fingers.

John B just shook his head, looking out across the water. Scarlett followed his gaze to see Sarah on the HMS, sailing closer to the group. "Hey, there she is." JJ and Kiara ran over, dropping the various pieces of firewood they had found.

"Sarah!" Kiara called, waving her arms.

Scarlett shot the girl a small smile. She could already tell from the way the girl looked that it didn't go down well. Sarah looked so sad, though she was trying to keep it together for the sake of her friends.

"You made it." Pope cried as they rushed down to help Sarah secure the boat.

"So, how'd it go?" John B asked her, as they walked through the water to the shore.

Sarah sniffed, shaking her head. "You guys were right. It didn't work." Scarlett pulled the girl into a brief hug. "Sorry."

"Welp, then that settles it, guys." JJ spoke, finishing tying the boat up and walking over to them. He slung his arm over Scarlett's shoulder as she pulled out of her hug with Sarah. "Now, y'all need to load up in the paddy wagon and get the heck out of Dodge right now." He gestured over his shoulder to the HMS.