𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐫 𝐚 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐭 𝐫 𝐞

Start from the beginning

Now in the snow-covered field, the Cullens and the witnesses were standing still, waiting for the Volturi to arrive. The wolf pack didn't join them yet as they were waiting for the royalty to appear.

"If we live through this, I'll follow you anywhere, woman," Garrett spoke, looking down at Kate, who smiled at his words.

"Now you tell me?" He smirked in response, but he quicky dropped it from his face as they heard the Volturi and their witnesses coming closer to their location.

"Red coats are coming. The red coats are coming," The patriot bounced on his toes a little. As the Volturi appeared in the field, they were walking slowly to them in a perfect line.

"Aro's looking for Alice," Edward mumbled to Carlisle as the blond wanted to know why they seemed to hesitate. As the Volturi came to a stop in front of them, the wolf pack walked their way out of between the trees, standing among the vampires and sister, and nephew. Carlisle stepped forward.

"Aro, let us discuss things as we used to, in a civilized manner," The doctor started politely.

"Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place given the battalion you've assembled against us," Aro scanned the small crowd with his red eyes, stopping when he saw Luca, then Aiden.

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken," The Olympic coven's leader continued.

"We see the child, do not treat us as fools," Caius sneered, staring at the wolf shapeshifters with cold eyes.

"He is not an immortal! These witnesses can attest to that. You can look. See the flush of human blood in his cheeks, his shapeshifter's natural warmth," The blond king cut Carlisle off.

"Artifice!"

"I will collect every facet of the truth, but from someone more central to the story," Aro's eyes fell onto his former guard. "Nathaniel, old friend. I would be happy to meet your wife and your child," Nathaniel glared at him as he stepped forwards, alone, not wanting to bring his mate and his son so soon near the Volturi. 

As he approached the kings, the three vampires formed an arch around Nathaniel as the guard stand behind them, ready to intervene

As he approached the kings, the three vampires formed an arch around Nathaniel as the guard stand behind them, ready to intervene. Aro eagerly grabbed the dark-haired man's hand in his. "I'd like to meet him," He giggled after reading Nathaniel's thoughts.

Shaking slightly, Madelyn grabbed onto her son's hand and started walking towards the Volturi, Leah following behind them in her wolf form as Rosalie joined them after squeezing her mate's hand.

"Ah Madelyn Swan, or Cullen now as it seems. I am delighted to meet the woman I heard so much about," Aro seemed to analyze the shapeshifter as she kept a straight face. He listened carefully and laughed loudly. "I hear his strange heart," Aiden exchanged a glance with his parents and sighed, feeling a little nervous. Taking a breath, he locked eyes with the king.