Bee Chase (Epsd 3)

• Dedicated to Lauren,Ash,Mitch,Logan

"Bee Chase"

It was a beautiful summer morning and Abyca awoke earlier than usual. She was excited to go exploring. She had never been much further than the forrest's edge. Today she thought she would see what else lie in the forrest. She got out of bed , put her shoes one and rumadged through the kitchen for some thing to eat. She grabed a small loaf of bread and an apple and ran out the door. She walked straight past the chicken coop where her sister stood throwing seed and straight past the tree line. Determined, Abyca wandered through the forrest for a few minutes before she found a clearing.  Soon she stood atop a grassy hill. At the bottom of the hill was a beautiful meadow filled with wild flowers and in the meadows was a small pond. It was so beautiful and sunny Abyca decided she would lay down on the hill and relax in the grass. She laid down on the grass and picked a wild flower that had grown next to her. She closed her eyes and twiddled the flowerstem between her fingers while she hummed . Not long after she laid down, she heard a crack like someone stepping on a tree branch. She stopped humming and in one swift motion she sat up and opened her eyes.

"I knew you would find this little paradise."

It was her sister Miceala. She sat next to Abyca on the grass.

"You knew I would find it?"

"Yes! It was only a matter of time before you decided to venture further from the cottage. Anyways I came to tell you....oh nevermind I'll do it. Have fun and whatever you do , do not go near the pond ok ! " warned Miceala as she turned to leave.

"Why can't I go near it?" asked Abyca.

"Lets just say there is something nasty in there that you do not want to meet!" she replied as she walked back through the clearing and ou of sight.

Not long after Miceala had left Abyca's mind began to race with thoughts of what could be in that pond. So far she had come up with a sea monster but ruled it out because of the size of the pond. It was too tiny for a big monster to fit in. So she thought of more things... smaller things. It could be a baby water dragon with sharp teeth and glowing blue eyes or an evil water fairy. It suddenly occured to her that other types of animals could live in water other than the extremely rare magical ones. Abyca's mind raced again. It could be a sea snake, or a terrible turtle, or even a fierce frightening fish! Abyca could take it no more. Her curiousity gt the better of her and it was time to find out what could possibly be in that tiny peaceful looking pond.

Abyca grabbed a small rock and tossed at the log in the pond. It bounced off the log and into the water. The log began to lightly rock back and forth making little ripples along the water's surface. Nothing came out so she threw another rock. This time a much larger one. Once again it hit the log and slid off into the water. The log began to rock harder but still nothing came out. Perhaps Miceala had been toying with her. Perhaps she was hiding in the trees and watching her right now. Abyca never thought her sister could be capable of such deception. Miceala had never lied to her about anything before!

Abyca got up and headed down towards the water with another rock in hand. Perhaps the monster was sleeping. When she got to the waters edge she looked closely but could see nothing out of he ordinary. All she saw was the log with a small honeycomb about the size of her fist bobbing in and out of the water.

Suddenly a swarm of bees flew out of the honeycomb at her. Abyca threw the rock and ran back up the hill screaming. The bees followed her. She ran through the trees dodging bee after bee. Soon she culd see the cottage. It was just a few trees and a cow field away.  Sh quickly past the trees still screaming for help. Then she felt them. It was like a ton of little needles flying into legs. Abyca fell to thr ground. She landed right in a pile of cow dung. The bees flew around her head and soon dispursed. Abyca started to cry as she lifted herself from the manuer pile. Her dress was covered in it.

As Abyca proceededto do the walk of shame back to the cottage she saw Miceala running towards her. In her eyes was not anger but a worried look that gave Abyca hope that the punishment would be light.

"Oh Abyca! You went near the pond didn't you?"

"I'm sorry! It was just so enticing! I thought there could be something really exciting in it..... like a dragon! " Abyca cried.

" A dragon! Now that would be exciting! " Laughed Miceala.

"It's not funny!" cried Abyca

" No  your right , it's not. Now lets see if we can go get you cleaned up before dad gets home from the market ok." Miceala's voice was calm and soothing. It was the kind of voice that told you everything would be alright.

"Miceala....before...what did you come to tell me? "  asked Abyca as they walked into the cottage.

"Oh ... you left the kitchen a mess this morning. Don't worry though. I cleaned it up." Miceala assured her once again that it would be alright and Abyca went to take off her dress. Father would never be the wiser.