Chapter Sixteen

Mulai dari awal

"Wow. That was excruciating to watch." Dick whispered to Adrien and Nino.

"I feel like my eyes and ears are bleeding." Adrien said, making a face of disgust.

"Ooo, here's my favorite part," Nino grinned.

And right on cue, Lila threw her head back and sobbed, clutching her hair dramatically with her hands.

"And I thought my nails were fake." Chloé said, looking completely unimpressed.

Before Madame Bustier could force Marinette to apologize for something she had no part in, as she was still wrestling Tim's phone away from him (apparently he wasn't fully asleep yet and was still trying to work), Bruce spoke up.

"Alright, alright, everyone settle down. Let's just have a nice meal, alright?"

Even screaming Lila could hear the aggravation in his voice, though she believed it was caused by Marinette.

Lila hid her victorious smirk and settled right next to Bruce--who sat at the head of the table.

Bruce cleared his throat a few times before Lila finally realized he was trying to get her attention. She turned her most charming smile--although it truly looked like she was trying not to fart--in his direction.

"Yes, Bruce?" She said, voice higher than usual. All traces of her previous meltdown were gone.

"I'm afraid that seat is reserved for Marinette, as she is the reason for this visit."

The smile on Lila's face fell in a disgusted frown before she immediately polished it over with a pitiful look that tended to work on her classmates.

As Lila stood to move, Bruce called to her once again.

"And Ms. Rossi? I would much prefer for you to call me Mr. Wayne."

Lila looked like that fart finally came out.

Marinette sat down by Bruce with an embarrassed flush across her cheeks.

Once everyone was situated, Marinette and Jason on Bruce's right, the other Wayne boys on his left, and the students along the other sides.

"I wanted to say thank you, Bruce, for letting us see your home!" Madame Bustier smiled flirtatiously at Bruce. "Lila was just so excited that you let the class see her future home!"

Leave it to Madame Bustier to unknowingly set up the downfall for one of her students.

Bruce leaned forward over the table, clasping his hands in front of him.

"Lila, you said?"

Madame Bustier nodded. The class was practically vibrating with the excitement of hearing Lila's new accomplishment from Bruce Wayne himself. They seemed to have forgotten that Lila was called out not once but twice by two separate Waynes mere minutes ago.

That seemed to happen a lot.

"Well, Madame Bustier, you should be thanking my daughter Marinette for this opportunity, she is the reason I invited you to my home after all."

Daughter? They'd known each other for a day and he already thought of her as his daughter. Though technically she would've been his daughter if her and Jason weren't separated, it made sense.

That didn't stop Marinette from flushing a bright red.

Alya made an awful choking sound before she slammed her fist on the table.

"Marinette didn't do this! She can barely even read on her own!"

Well that one was new.

"Lila was the one that got us this tour and lunch! Her fiance wanted to meet her friends!" Alya screeched.