5 - Moving

~ Time Skip to the day where they move ~

Y/N POV.

I pack the last things from my room into boxes. I look up and a bit though the room. It looks so empty without my band posters, comics, books, CDs, bed, closet and all these things. I sigh before I get up and walk downstairs with the last box from my room. This one was filled with my stuffed animals. Yes I still have stuffed animals. They are all presents. Like, one of them did Chris win for me. The other one I got from Jake when I was in hospital because I didn't feel good, then some of them were presents from Geoff and so on and so on.

I just can't throw them away. When I arrive downstairs I walk outside to my dad's car. I put the box in the trunk and close it because it's full. I walk back to the house and look at it from the outside. There are so many memories. For example when Geoff, Chris, Jake, Otto, Pete and I made a little war.. just with waterpistols but we felt like real soldiers.

I sigh again and feel someone giving their arm around me. I look to my left and see Geoff. I cuddle up to him.

"Hey. Everything will be fine. It'll be fun! Trust me. There'll be new people, new neighbors, a new school. Just a new start. And just because we move doesn't mean you have to forget about the past. You still can see Chris and Jake. Maybe they'll come to LA eventually. Or we make a little trip back here to visit them. Or you just fly somewhere like Italy in the holidays together. There are so many options.", he says.

"Thanks Geoff. Love you."

"Love you too.", he says with a smile and ruffles my hair.

"Kids! Come! We have to go!", dad screams.

"We're coming!", screams Geoff back, "Let's go."

I nod. He takes my hand and goes with me back to the car. I take a seat in the back, Geoff in the front and dad behind the driving wheel. He starts the engine and starts to drive out of the  garage. Geoff connects his phone with the car radio. He starts to play music. He starts Teenagers by My Chemical Romance. I start to smile and sing the lyrics.

Geoff POV.

I know that Y/N doesn't want to move away. So I just turn on the music they love. For example My Chemical Romance.

I quietly sing along and also hear Y/N singing along to Teenagers. I start to smile. Maybe it somehow helps them a bit.

~ Time Skip ~

After a long, exhausting drive we finally arrive at aunt Marie's. I help dad to get the things out of the car. Y/N also wants to help but I don't let them. I tell them to take a box and just get inside to Marie. They don't want to do it but after a short conversation they do it.

After we got all the things inside I look for them, but I don't find them.

"Hey! Marie! You know where Y/N is?", I ask her.

"Yeah. He/She is in his/her room."

Y/N told our family already one thousand times that she wants to be called by they/them and that they don't really refer to a gender, but everyone just ignores it. They think it's just a phase and that this isn't true. Stupid.

I just roll my eyes lightly and walk upstairs to the bedrooms. Three doors where open and one was closed. I think Y/N is in the room with the closed door. I walk up to it and knock on the door.

"No.", comes from inside.

"Hey. It's me. Geoff. Can I come in?"

"The door is open."

I push down the door handle and open the door. They sit on the floor and look at the stuffed animals they brought with them. I smile and sit down next to them.

"What are you looking at?", I ask

"Just.. just looking at these. There are so many memories.."

I give an arm around them and they lay their hand on my shoulder. I kiss their head.

"Hey. I have an idea. Let's get your things and decorate your room! I mean.. only if you want.. and it's also totally fine if you want to do it alone.", I say and scratch the back of my head a bit.

"No. I would love to do it with you. And yeah. Let's do it."

"Perfect. I'll get the things."

"Not alone. I'm going to help you."

"But-"

"There's no but. I'll help you. I mean, these are my things so I have to help."

I just nod. We both walk downstairs, take as many boxes as we can and get back to their room. We put down the boxes and start to unpack the things.

After two hours Y/N's room was finished.

"You want to do your room too?", they ask.

"Nah. I'm not motivated anymore. I think I'll just let the things in the boxes and maybe unpack everything tomorrow."

"Okay. But I would definitely help you if it's okay. I mean you helped me with my room too."

"Of course you can help me. But you don't have to. And for today we've done enough. How about a movie?"

"Or video games?"

"Legend of Zelda?"

"You know that I love the game just as much as you do."

They smile to me.

"Nah. I don't think so. I think I love it more."

"No no no. We love it equally."

"Do you have a Zelda necklace?", I ask and point to mine.

"Okay. You won."

"Ha!"

We get downstairs and to the TV. We set the console up and start it. I put the game in it while Y/N sits on the couch with the two controllers.

After I gave the disk in I take a seat next to them. They give me one controller and we start the game.