Chapter 1 - Olympics

Anett was devastated. She had crashed out in the first round of the Olympics. Estonia's only tennis hope gone on day 1. She came for the opening ceremony. That's the way it felt. The run of disappointment continued. She needed to getaway. A change of scenery, sometimes alone to gather herself, where results don't matter, where her coach won't be, tugging at her, pushing her to eat healthy, Forcing her to think about backhands and forehands.

ANETT POV
"Mum, I am so disappointed, I just wanna run away" her mum was always her biggest fan, her most powerful support system, and Anett, deep down, knew her mother would never be able to accept the disappointment.

"Honey, if you run away, people will recognize you," her mother Ulle said. Anett was realistic. She knew people probably knew her name, and a tennis fan may know her face, but she wasn't as marketable as a Maria Sharapova or one of the Williams sisters.

"I want to relax, the US Open is in a few weeks, and I can't do it like this. I can't, mum. I really can't. I want to go somewhere and turn it off in the heat. Somewhere no one will bother me, and I can discover and go undiscovered."

"Why not Monaco? No paparazzi, everyone is wealthy, and it's safe," Anett scoffed at her mother. "I speak no French and no Italian."

"No one will talk to you then" she almost felt her mother's smirk through the phone.

She hung up the phone after more reassurance from her mother that she was loved and supported. She then began the search for Monaco. She was choosing to treat herself with a week at the Hôtel de Paris. She may have lost early in the Olympics, but she still made it, right? Also, figuring she wouldn't get a holiday at the end of the season because she's taking time off training now.

On the other side of the world, it was another disappointment for Charles a DNF in Hungary had sent him packing, the week before 1st place almost stolen from him. He had never looked forward to a summer break so much in his life. Just home for three weeks. Monaco. The sun, the beach, and summer are Charles's favorite things. As Charles lay down in bed and gathered himself, he let the feeling of sleep overcome him and nodded off, praying life would get better. If only he knew.