But I freeze when his cane directs to me and he's looking right at me with a smirk, he looks devilish.

I'm sure he knows who I am because he looks next to me at the Charlotte and Rosemary, and he runs this place, he would obviously know there is a new dancer coming today.

"Are you ready, my dear?"

"Umm, yep," I squeak.

It makes him chuckle but he goes right back to asking more people the same question.

"Alright then, I think I've left you waiting long enough, now please, stay in your seats, pay close attention, you don't want to miss a thing...but don't look too closely, or don't get caught anyway!" he chuckles.

Great, that's real fucking comforting.

But as soon as he finishes his sentence, his hands fly up in the air and his head tilts back at the same time as the music changes; an upbeat trumpet tune fills the room and we all follow the direction of his cane and look up.

Then at the top of the tent, two people send themselves flying off of separate high ledges and it makes me gasp, but that's quickly replaced with a laugh when the two of them end up swinging through the air by holding onto bars hung up by ropes.

I hear the girls giggle at my reaction but I'm too enticed to care, I've never seen anything like this.

Both people swing backwards and them forward again and I nearly shit myself when one woman lets go off the bar and starts flying through the air...only then to be caught by the other person who holds her up while they swing.

"Oh, my fucking god," I chuckle in awe.

With one more swing back and forth, the women lets go again, and by the grace of god she manages to catch back onto the bar she was originally holding.

My eyes are averted from them when Richmond- Richmond the ringmaster- point his cane down and to the back of the tent and we all follow him without even being told to.

The back of the tent opens and a swarm of people run in, all cheering and waving their hands at people as they run around the circle.

It's almost hard to keep up with everything as it happens but I follow the direction that the ringmaster points.

I watch as a man double if not triple the size of any man I've ever seen start lifting things, weights, tables, he even calls people from the audience and starts to lift them up over his head.

As quick as that finishes I'm drawn to a man standing with all different sizes of knives and then my eyes fly to a woman that's standing against a target.

"No," I whisper in shock.

Then the man starts throwing knives at her, making me jump every time they only just miss her by an inch or so, everyone else in the room is just as in shock as me.

The man then turns and faces all of us with a much larger knife, it's more like a sword, and he has a wicked glint in his eyes that makes me nervous about what he's going to-

"Ahhhh!"

My thoughts are cut off by screams from people around me when the man lifts the sword above his head and points the tip to his mouth.

"He's not going to—"

"Just watch him," Rosemary laughs.

I keep watching him, cringing back into my chair as he slowly puts the sword between his lips and then starts pushing the sword into his mouth.

The room erupts into shocked screams, some delighted and some disgusted, I'm somewhere in between.

When the sward is no longer visible beside the handle, were directed to look elsewhere.