eleven : ❝ one look at you and I won't have it in any other way ❞

CHAPTER 11 | UNEDITED

HI IM ALIVEEEEE

-♡-

Rue stood in the middle of the mall and stared at her phone as she scrolled through Mitsuya's new post. The feeling of jealousy started bubbling inside her as she scanned her best friend's happy face in the said male's story.

Why can't (Y/n) see all her efforts on winning her? She's been pinning after the (H/c) girl for God knows how long and even spoiled her with treats and sweets that she know would make her light up instantly.

The way her eyes sparkle when she sees a beautiful view of the sky or the city. The giddiness she feel as she takes out her camera from her bag to capture the beautiful sunset. Her kindness, her caring attitude, her smile-

Then suddenly, some popular boy Rue jokingly asked for his number from her is now the one getting all her best friend's attention? A random guy that she only knew for a few months?

Why? Why can't I just have you (Y/n)?

Rue clenched her hands into a fist as she continued to stare at her photo. Ever since that time Mitsuya saved her and drove her home, she saw how they both started to get close with each other and it drove the redhead insane.

Everything started on their first year of highschool, when the redhead found a shy girl in the very back of the classroom staying after class to finish writing her notes. Rue had gained a lot of friends throughout the first week, and as her group of friends chattered and giggled among themselves while exiting the door along with the waves of students, she couldn't help but stay on her spot and just.. stare at the (H/c) haired girl peacefully writing on her notebook.

The girl doesn't look bothered that the classroom was empty, save for her and Rue. She was focused on scribbling down words until she heard light footsteps come to her way.

Rue cleared her throat which made the girl look up and stare up to her in confusion. The redhead formed her lips into a thin line before speaking up.

"Um.. hey. Everyone's already heading home now and I saw you sitting here alone. I'm Rue by the way."

The girl let out a small "um", completely unprepared for someone to talk to her as most of her peers brushed her presence off due to how silent she was. Rue raised an eyebrow and laughed.

"Not much of a talker huh?" She smiled.

The (H/c) haired girl nodded with a nervous smile. "... Sorry, I'm not really good at communicating with new people. But, nice to meet you Rue, I'm (Y/n)."

..(Y/n)

(Y/n)..

"Ooh, I love your name! It sounds pretty." Rue complicated which made (Y/n) feel embarrassed, yet flattered.

She let out a small laugh to ease her awkwardness, "Thank you. Yours sounds beautiful."

Rue felt her face heat up for a bit and nervously thanked the other girl.

"Do you want to be friends?" She asked (Y/n).

The girl blinked for awhile then smiled, "Sure, why not!"

Ever since then, Rue's hidden feelings grew more and more. She never understood why she felt that way towards her newfound friend. Why she stopped sitting with her rowdy and popular friends so she can sit with (Y/n) in a secluded part of the cafeteria.

Why didn't she just introduce her to her group of friends anyways? She would've helped (Y/n) open up more and meet more people.

Was she concerned that (Y/n) might be uncomfortable? Or was Rue scared that somehow, someone would steal her away from her?