five : ❝ the guy that I'd kinda be into❞

CHAPTER 5 | EDITED

- ♡ -

"What?! Mom, you're still sick!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she flipped the sunnyside up egg over and looked at her mother who was setting up the table for breakfast. "And not to mention, your body is still weak!"

Her mother sighed, "I know, I know darling. But my sick leave ends today so I have no other choice. I don't want to risk loosing my job when I can still move and do work."

"That would just worsen your health! Mom, you need to rest." The girl said with a concerned tone.

Her mother's body wasn't in the best condition because of the illness she has recently contracted a month ago due to how overworked she was. And the fact that she was planning to work a 16 hour shift today made her daughter extremely worried.

"I promise, I won't overwork myself. My boss knows about my condition so he's kind enough to give me breaks in between my shift in order to not work my body up." Her mother smiled.

The girl sighed as she placed the eggs down on their individual plates, "Fine. I'll make sure to call you at lunch and after school to check on you, alright?"

Her mother nodded and smiled, "Thank you so much for worrying about me, darling." The girl giggled, "of course, what kind of daughter would I be if I didn't care about you?"

Her mom gave her a tight hug and kissed her daughter's forehead. "I'll go wake your brother up."

(Y/n) nodded and went to the sink to clean up the used utensils. After they finished eating, the girl went to her room and changed to her school uniform and grabbed her backpack that was sitting beside her desk.

(Y/n) bid her family goodbye and she made her way to school. She bit on the toast she had while walking through the busy streets of Tokyo and hummed a small tune.

Today's schedule was a bit busy, she had a total of 3 tests to take at school and she was to meet up with her project partner to decide on their title and start gathering up related journals that would be a help for their research.

She arrived at school and placed her extra things inside her locker. She felt someone hug her from behind and she turned around to see the familiar redhead grinning at her.

"Good morning (Y/n)!!" Rue greeted and squished her friend's cheeks.

The (H/c) girl giggled and greeted her friend back. Since the two did not share the same class, they don't really get to see each other during school hours. But luckily, their classrooms were just in the same hall so they get to walk together every morning.

"Guess what? Dad said he wants to treat us both in one of our cafe and we can order whatever we want!!" Rue squeeled as she hooked her arm with (Y/n)'s.

"Wow, really?!" (Y/n)'s eyes widened, "W-wait, are you sure? It's a bit embarrassing to just not pay for anything, you know." She scratched the back of her neck with an awkward smile.

"Yes, silly! Apparently it's the cafe's 2nd opening anniversary so he figured that he would give both of us a treat!" Rue grinned, "And don't be embarrassed! Dad really likes you and sees you as family too!"

(Y/n) felt a small blush on her cheeks, "Well if that's the case, thank you." She smiled.

Rue giggled and unhooked her hand from (Y/n)'s. "Well, this is my stop. See you later at lunch!" She blew the (H/c) girl a flying kiss and she rolled her eyes playfully in response with a smile.