A Café Kinda Morning

It was just past 6 in the morning at my home in National City, California... or well the outskirts where my home actually sat along with all the other farms in the area, the only other home within visible distance was the Danvers's, the home of my alien friend and her parents, or well adoptive parents, they can't exactly shoot lasers from their eyes.

The feeling of my soft bed engulfed me, I was slightly awake due to my body still being used to a school day but I didn't have to worry about that anymore, and what's even better is that my parents decided to have a gap year... at their age. So now I get the whole farm to myself for the year.

Tap. Tap. Tap Tap. TapTapTapTapTap.

The sound of what I assumed was knocking cracked my eyes open, there goes my sleep in then. Whipping the covers off me I storm to my front door to see who dares to wake me from my mortal slumber.

TapTapTapTapTapTap. The noise becoming faster.

"Calm down would you! I'm coming" I yell as I unlock the door and open it... only to be greeted with the open yard and empty driveway.

"... fucking ding dong dashers" I groan to myself as I close the door, it was about to click shut but then there was that sound again.

Tap. Tap. Tap. Followed by some familiar giggles. This would send someone mad, like they were in a horror movie if I didn't already know who it was, the only one fast enough to pull this kind of thing off.

"Kara!" I scolded, swinging the door open to see nothing again, the tapping now coming from my kitchen.

Now having my tiredness catch up with me, I drag my feet to the kitchen, seeing the cause of the tapping float outside the window with a smug smile plastered across her face.

I yawn as I open the window, Kara gently avoiding the plant on the window shelf and plopping her feet onto my kitchen floor. Now letting you see that she was still in her pajamas that consisted of a red, sleeveless shirt and a pair of short blue pants, or booty shorts but they were actually being worn properly instead of being tugged up to her stomach like other girls tend to wear them.

"You're lucky my parents aren't here or I'd be giving you a mouthful about that little stunt" I scolded once more, grabbing a cup from the cabinet and water jug from the fridge, pouring myself a refreshing cold drink to wake me up.

"Relax Y/n, Mom and Dad told me that your folks are out for the year so I decided I'll show off my new aerodynamic skills for you" She told me with a smug smile, now levitating with her legs crossed, her head resting on her hands which were supported by her elbows on her thighs.

"Yeah that was actually kinda surprising... expected but surprising none the less" I reply, pouring another glass of water and passing it to the Kryptonian woman, who silently thanked me as she took a sip, then placing it on the counter top.

"Guessing with flight ticked off the list, you now have all the same abilities of Clark?" I question, I learnt of Superman's true identity a year or so into knowing Kara, never met the man himself and the closest I've been near him was when he dropped her off all those years ago.

"Mmm... Yeah, I'd say I've caught up to my cousin by now. I'll ask him tonight to double check" She replies, now floating about my kitchen, narrowly avoiding the light that hung from the room.

I choke on the air slightly as I was caught off guard, looking over to Kara and saying "Tonight? As in this day tonight?".

"Mhm, he's coming to our place to celebrate my graduation from high school. Considering today is the last day of our senior year and all, it was Mom's idea. You're more than welcome to come by and say hi" She explained, I groan and also have a slab of excitement dropped onto me at the same time.