First Lessons

Ayanokouji POV:

After getting ready I headed down to the Great Hall to get some breakfast to eat before class. If I recall correctly I've got transfiguration next. I remember how Professor Dumbledore said that he had a friend transfigure a body to look like me so that I could fake my death. Is this teacher the friend? Well whatever, it doesn't matter anyway. Once I entered I spot Hermoine who seems extremely happy, she's very intellectual so I'm guessing she's excited for class. I decided to make my way over to her and greet her.

Me: "Good morning Hermoine, you seem very excited?" [asked while taking a piece of toast]

Hermoine: "Oh yes, well I simply can't wait for our first class."

Me: "It would seem like it, no offence but I'm a bit surprised your not in Ravenclaw though I'm not one to talk."

Hermoine: "Must be my other qualities outweighing my intellect."

She says this while looking proud of herself. I guess she should be.

Hermoine: "What do you mean 'your not one to talk?'"

She's sharp too.

Me: "Well I also thought I would've ended up in Ravenclaw or Slytherin but I guess I ended up here which I'm happy about."

Hermoine: "Well thank god your not because I heard bad rumours about them."

Me: "I see... Well I'm done eating, would you like to walk with me to class."

Hermoine: "Really?! I mean sure why not?"

We decided to make our way to class and she asked how smart I am and I decided to be vague and tell her I also read books on spells and history of Hogwarts. I could tell she really has a big love for reading, if she was in the white room she'd probably be at the top academically but physically I can't say.

We finally found ourselves in the transfiguration class and i could see a cat sitting on a desk. I could easily tell that was the Professor. Her magic count is off the charts for a normal cat. Or a magical one at that. McGonagall must be an animagus that I've read about.

Hermoine: "Where's Professor McGonagall?"

Me: "She's the cat on the table."

Hermoine: "Don't be stupid."

Suddenly the cat jumps of the table and transforms into the professor.

McGonagall: "Very impressive Mr. Ayanokouji, 5 points to Gryffindor. May I ask how you knew?"

Me: "I read about Animagus where a witch or wizard could transform into an animal then back at will."

McGonagall: "Yes but that doesn't explain how you knew I was one?"

Me: "Who knows?"

I went up the steps and sat down at the desk closest to the window and watched the clouds moving in the sky, leaving the slightly curious Professor and mouth wide opened Hermoine.

Soon more and more students started coming but what I realised was how late Harry and Ron were. Finally they came but what they didn't know was Professor McGonagall was in the room.

Ron: "Whew, we made it. Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late?"

Then the Professor turns into her human form surprising Ron and Harry.

Ron: "That was bloody brilliant."

McGonagall: "Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocketwatch, that way one of you might be on time."