༄ 12. Let's Dig In?

Start from the beginning

The players were sweating when they were sitting in the canteen. They were waiting for their 'food' to be served.

A hopping yellow haired girl with a smile plastered on her face came out of the kitchen and was ready to speak up.

"Okay boys! Today's meal will be curry with rice! Tia cooked this especially for you! Eat up guys!" a cheery Ayaka said.

The players gulped.

The meals were served but no one began to eat. Ayaka looked confused.

"What's wrong guys? Are you not hungry?" she asked.

"N-No it's not that it's just...." Atsumu denied.

The others didn't say anything.

"Aah so it's that" a soft voice came from the kitchen.

"You guys won't eat because I made it right?" Aristia said and gave them a bitter smile.

"So I really am useless like 'he' said huh" she mumbled. But the twins and Kita heard her.

The players looked guilty because she was almost on the verge of tears.

"I understand. I'll eat it up alone with Aya" she gave them a forced smile.

Ayaka looked in sadness at her and gave the players an angry look.

They flinched. They never saw Ayaka making an angry face. The players were feeling more guilty than before.

'S-Scary. Okay I'm never going to make her angry' the brown haired lanky guy thought.

Aristia was about to walk away when a familiar voice stopped her in her tracks.

"Wait! I'll eat it if the others don't want to" said a calm Kita.

"I will too" Akihiko said with a serious face.

Aristia's eyes widen in surprise. She almost blushed.

"M-Me too" the twins answered in unison.

"I guess I'll eat it too" said an unbothered Suna. Ayaka gave him a kind smile while he looked away with a slight blush.

The four ate their first bite at the same. Their eyes began to sparkle.

"S-SO GOOD!!!" the four screamed with a mouth full of rice and curry and hungrily eat their dinner plate clean.

"SECONDS PLEASE!!!" the twins shouted at the same time.

"Oii 'tsumu I was first"

"No I was 'samu"

The other players gave each other a look and decided to also dig in their food. The players couldn't stop eating.

"W-What is this?"

"Is this really curry?!"

"Did she really made this?!!"

"It tastes like heaven!"

"Manager-san seconds please!"

"Is there some for me left?"

"Oii! I was first don't push ahead before me!"

The players began to fight for their food.

Aristia's mouth went open and turned around so they couldn't see her face.

"I-I'm going to take some fresh air." she said and ran fast outside.

The players were surprised at her sudden behavior and looked at each other.