17

**TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter mentions subjects that might be disturbing for some readers.**

--

"Thanks for walking with me, Megumi," you told him as you approached the back door of the bakery.

"Of course, [y/n]," he replied, walking beside you as you both entered the bakery.

You grudgingly walked to your locker and placed your backpack inside while Megumi headed toward the front of the store.

"Oh, Megumi! Hi!" Nobara exclaimed from the kitchen. "How'd you get inside?"

"[y/n]'s in the locker room. I came with her from campus."

"Oh, okay," Nobara nodded as she grabbed the large tray of pastries and strolled over to the display cases.

Megumi followed suit but sat down at one of the booths, laying out his notebooks.

"Perfect time to study, honestly," Nobara said, sorting through the pastries and organizing them to look presentable. "Not too many people at this hour. Gives us a small break to catch our breath."

"Yeah, thank God," you said, emerging from the locker room. "Today was too much."

"You good, [y/n]?" Nobara asked, holding the empty tray on her side while walking over to you.

"I guess so. I don't know. Some girl in my class basically called me a hoe in front of Sukuna and the whole class and now she's being brought to the dean."

You grabbed another tray from the back and slowly refilled the empty display cases next to the shelf Nobara just finished.

"She did what now?! What the fuck was going on through her mind when she did that?"

"I'm not sure. She said she was upset, but I've never seen Sukuna so angry before. He practically left a dent on my desk when he heard her say that."

"If I was in your class, I would've been the shit out of her."

"It's fine, she's being scolded as we speak. She apologized too."

"Sometimes apologizing isn't enough, [y/n]. She disrespected you, Sukuna, and the whole class.

You sighed as you stared at your empty tray sitting in your hands.

"She's probably being reprimanded right now. I don't want to add any more fuel to the fire."

"Who is she, anyway? Do I know her?"

"Her name is Hina. I don't know her last name, but she's short with a black and blonde split dye."

"Is her hair short and wears glasses?"

You raised an eyebrow. "Yeah. Do you know her?"

"Oh, that fucking bitch. I've known her since grade school. I don't know what happened to her. She was a sweet girl until high school." Nobara slammed the tray with the other dirty trays and angrily grabbed another tray filled with cake pops.

"Nobara...?"

"She fucking slept with my ex when I was still with him. Hina and I were close friends, but I don't know why she became like this."

Megumi awkwardly put on his headphones, not wanting to hear any drama.

Not my business. He thought, highlighting a sentence from his notebook.

"I'm sorry that happened to you," you comforted her.

"Ever since then, she and I haven't been on good terms. She only used him. Tossed him after I broke up with him."