Framed

Third Person P

Third Person P.O.V

"Trapped. Caught like a rat." Count Olaf dramatically hissed curled up in the corner.

"I can't sleep. The dark walls are closing in. I call to you, spirits of the jail cell save me! Save me!" he continued then paused.

"How long has it been? The days turn to months-"

"It's been eight minutes. Do you want some tea?" Jacques plainly interrupted him.

It had been exactly eighteen minutes of him dramatically wailing, not even giving the two agents a smidge of information they could use to save the Quagmires. It was simply a game to him. But then again, Jacques had morals

"No thank you. You always make it too bitter." Olaf slowly got up looking at the noose that hung from the ceiling near him, "I thought this jail had a deluxe cell."

"This is the deluxe cell."

"That's bad news."

Jacques rose a brow, "Want some more bad news? You will eventually crack."

"For being offered tea? You've tried that on me for years. It hardly ever works." he grumbled leaning against the wall.

"You're going to tell us where the Quagmires are. We expect the chief of police to be back any minute." 

That seemed to catch Count Olaf's attention ad he inwardly smirked.

"Do you now?" he mocked.

"I do. He or she will put you in the hands of the authorities and you'll spend a long time in a cell of this quality or perhaps worse. Do you want to know why?" Jacques casually asked.

His face was amused watching his old colleague, "Is this where you give me the big speech about--"

"Because we represent the true human tradition, the best chance of extinguishing chaos and cruelty in the world. We may be defeated, at least for a time. But we will never disappear."

Olaf shook his head lightly banging it against the wall and rolled his eyes.

"Not so long as there are noble well-read people to take up the cause."

Slowly Olaf made his way up to the bars of the cell, "You still believe that?"

Jacques came forward too, "Yes, I do. Now, where are the children?"

The pause was meant to be serious then turned awkward as Olaf began scatting. 

Again.

______________

"Did he talk?" Olivia asked from her seat in the office as Jacques came through the door looking like his patience was stretched.

"Mostly about himself. He won't tell us where the Quagmires are." He sighed sitting down.