First day of 5th grade

It was the  first day of school I was a little nervous but excited. I haven't been to school because you know the zoom that's when covid hit, but it was cool because I already made friends in zoom so when I see them in real life I wont be that shy. I brushed my teeth got my outfit out, and got my backpack ready for school tomorrow, I set my alarm and went to bed I dreamed about school.

It was finally the day, my first day of 5th grade! I was so excited I jumped out of bed and got ready, I ran downstairs for breakfast seeing my mom was awake in the kitchen, I sat at the table and asked " What's for breakfast mom?", " Good morning sweety, were having waffles and bacon!", "Yum!" I finally finished my breakfast, went upstairs and brush my teeth then I looked at the clock and I saw it was 7:15, school starts at 8:00.

Then I heard the school bus arriving up to my house, my mom gave me kisses and said goodbye I was finally standing outside my door I was shook then I took one step and continued walking to the bus, the bus doors opened and I went to the back of the bus, I saw my mom waving goodbye to me.

We finally arrived to school, it looked big, I saw some of my friends and waved at them I went to my classroom line and waited for my teacher to come great us. My teacher came out and said hello. " Good morning 5th graders! I am so excited for you to be in my class, go on and head in the classroom and sit where you see your name tag at."

All the students went in the classroom and sat at their seats. We all introduced ourselves, but then it was my turn to speak I had a quick panic attack my heart was beating so fast I couldn't control it. I didn't know what was happening and why I was so nervous. " Miss please come up to the front of the room" my teacher asked. I slowly walked up to the front and did a quick scan of the room.

There was this guy staring at me, for the first time I.. I blushed I didn't know what my cheeks were doing. " Uh miss please introduce yourself." My teacher asked again. I did a big gulp and spoke, " Uh h-hi my name is Maggie, and I'm excited t-to be here."

I ran back to my desk putting my head in my arms I felt so embarrassed but I didn't know why, I didn't say anything embarrassing. Then after the class introduced there selves we did class art. I kept on staring at that one boy that I noticed. Did I really have a crush on the first day of school?