Chapter 12: Fight or Flight

Rex and Orla used her ship when flying to Bracca. While she piloted through hyperspace with Rex on the co-pilot seat, Rex took notice of Orla's growing anxiety about the coming events. Her foot tapped repeatedly on the ground and wasn't sure whether to address it.

"I don't like this," she stared out the window, the blue colours of hyperspace reflecting on her cyan iris', "we're running out of time."

"It'll be fine, in and out as quickly as possible."

"And if it activates?"

"It won't."

"Don't say things like that, you don't know that. You know what they said, it's getting worse. How do we know their chips might not all activate at the same time? Staring down, Rex gripped her shoulder tighter, snapping her out of her mind.

"I know the risk, have a little faith Orla everything will be set right."

He felt her become relaxed, "Alright, then let's get ready to exit out of hyperspace."

"That's the spirit," on cue the ship descended over the junkyard planet's biosphere. She flew over and landed by a damaged hanger amongst many other worn-down starships. The Bad Batch was not here yet, giving her time to look around at where exactly they were. Rex recommended staying low, due to unfriendly scrappers lurking around. Large portions of the planet were enclosed by plies of the scarp, every kind of ship, part, and tool could be found there. If it wasn't junk, it was deep swamps that were spotted across the surface. One was right by where Rex told her to land, and where the Marauder would land next. The medical bay was inside a Venator-class Star Destroyer and they would have to walk to get there.

The squad arrived only a few minutes after they land. Hunter greeted Rex and spots the ship they landed in, it being also an attack shuttle with a similar design to the Marauder, except the width was smaller.

"That's your ship?" Hunter gestures to her modified shuttle. The doors were spray painted with the Jedi crest and words painted across the ship's wing in Aurebesh.

"May the force be with you"

"Yeah I've been meaning to get rid of that, kind of puts a target on my back," she pointed out.

Wrecker's eyes widened at the creativity but the until grasping at his throbbing head.

"Follow us, we can explore my ship later," Orla moved on.

The clones, besides Omega, fitted on their helmets while Orla pulled on her Jedi robes to cover her face. Rex and Orla jaig symbols now line up as they lead them up to a destroyed capital ship. They stand on the edge and point out to the Star Destroyer where the medical bay will be.

"I had my chip taken out on a Jedi cruiser just like that." He points to the Star Destroyer which looks like it could be almost a mile walk and Wrecker sighs.

"Then why did we land over here?"

Just as he stops talking Orla and Hunter both sense Scrappers Guild up ahead flying above their destination. At the same time, they order everyone to get down and Tech observes and confirms the scrapper guild.

"They control the entire planet, we need to keep out of sight from their patrols," Rex scanned around and ordered everyone to keep moving.

Orla walked with Hunter and Omega while Echo and Rex took the lead.

"Fives tried to warn me about the chips but I didn't understand at the time," Rex told Echo to which he said it was still hard to believe even now. Rex asked how they found out about the chips, and Echo replied "Omega."

"The kid?"

Omega skipped beside Orla, she looked up curiously at her hood covering her face and proceeded to ask, "how can you see?"