chapter 13

kiba's p.o.v

when i woke up, i saw fadding light and branches again. i was feeling much better from the last time i was awake. the stars were just starting to come out.

'groan' whatever my head was resting on moved. i tilted my head back a bit. rose was propped against a tree and didn't look like she was sleeping very well. that means my head is still in her lap.

i sat up and looked around. there were two tents set up. probably hinata's and shino's. i looked behind me again to look at rose. her head was leaning to the side and her face was a little scrunched up. as i went to stand up akamaru decided to jump on me.

"hey buddy. yeah i'm ok, but can you get off me. i need to get a tent up. can't you smell the rain coming?" akamaru barked in agreement. so i went over to the pack by rose's side and pulled out the tent. after i set it up and got the blankets put down, i went over to rose. close by  thunder sounded. i scooped rose up in my arms and carried to the tent. once inside i layed her down and pulled the covers over her. as i got on the other side of her akamaru came in the tent and layed down by are feet.

after i had pulled the covers over myself, rose rolled over and pressed herself close to me. she let out a relived sigh. i put my arm around her as the sound of rain hit my ears. with the calming sound of her heartbeat i fell asleep.

your p.o.v

i woke up, but didn't open my eyes. i was so compfy and warm, i didn't want to get up. i could tell there was a blanket on me and there was something wrapped around me. wait a minute, didn't i fall asleep leaning against a tree??

i opened my eyes and moved my head a bit to see kiba. i was laying right next to him and i had an arm on his chest. he had his arm around me and akamaru was by our feet. slowly i moved back towards the tent's exit. i didn't want to disturb him, but i guess i wasn't quiet enough. kiba stirred and openned his eyes, to see me sitting up looking back at him. he smiled at me.

kiba: "did you sleep well?"

"yes, i did. i was just wondering how i got here."

kiba: "i woke up close to sunset yesterday and i could smell rain coming. you didn't look comfortable sleeping against the tree anyway. so i pitched the tent and carried you in."

"oh...." that's all i could say.

kiba sat up and scooted closer to me. i looked at him with slight confusion. kiba had a small smile on his face, he reached out and pulled me into a hug. we sat there silent for awhile.

kiba: "thank you...for saving me."

"your welcome,.....you know we should probably start heading back to the village."

kiba: "it's ok. i was up earlyer and told hinata and shino to go on ahead." i just stayed quiet. why would he do that? we continued to just sit there for a few more minutes.

"so, you told me to find you as soon as i got back." kiba let go of me and sat back.

kiba: "yes i did. did you find the message in the locket?" i blushed a bit and nodded. "well, i put it there hoping you felt the same way. i looked over at him. his head was hanging down and was just looking at his hands.

"kiba,....look at me." he lifted his head up to look at me. i could plainly see the worry of rejection in his eyes. even though his face gave nothing away. "why would i keep this locket, if i didn't?" kiba smiled at me "i love you kiba" akamaru barked at me "haha, i love you to akamaru."

kiba turned towards akamaru "hey could you leave us alone for a bit buddy?" akamaru stood up, wagged his tail and left the tent.

"why did you tell him leave?" he turned back towards me.

kiba: "because,..." he cupped my face and leaned in close to me. "i wanted to ask you a few things." he brought me into a long passionate kiss. when he pulled back he went down to my neck and nibbled at it a bit. "do you know what happens, when an inuzuka bites another person?"

"isn't that something, that makes them mates for life or something?" kiba leaned back and looked right at me, a small frown on his face.

kiba: "yes, when an inuzuka bites another person and makes the their mate for life. it's kinda like claiming a person as theirs."

i tilted my head at him, slightly confused, but thinking on where this was going.

kiba: "i want to claim you rose. i want to make you mine. will you be my mate?"his face showed determination, senserity, love and a bit of fear.

i sat there quiet for a few seconds just looking at kiba. "is this kinda like a marrige proposal?" i made sure to say it in a way that would make kiba laugh. he did.

kiba: "you could say that, yeah." he face had a smile, but it still held the same emotions as before.

"i'll acept, on one condition." kiba face showed worry.

kiba: "what is it?"

"when you do this, were move into our own place." kiba's could be discribed as pure happyness.

kiba: "i can do that."

"then i will be your mate kiba." his smile dropped a little as he lightly pushed me down and hovered over me.

kiba: "for me to claim you, it will hurt you a lot and..."

i cut him off: "kiba i almost died more than once, i will survive." i put hands on his shoulders and smiled at him.

he leaned in and kissed me again. then moved to the base of my neck. i tilted my head to the side to give him a little more room. he nibbled a bit, i could feel  his teeth get sharper as they started to prick my skin. i tensed against him, waiting for him to bite me.

in almost a wisper kiba: "here i go rose." and he bit me. at first it was just a small sharp pain where he bit me, but then the pain grew into a sting mixed with a burn and it spread through my whole body. i gripped his shoulders and bit my lip to surpress a scream.

after a while the pain subsided a bit and kiba took his fangs out of my neck. i let go of kiba's shoulders and i was trying to regain my breath. kiba picked me up and held me to his chest. the sound of his heatbeat, so steady and calm, my whole body hurt, i just wanted to fall back asleep.

kiba: "i know what this did to you. go ahead and sleep." all i could was nod my head and relax into him. he layed us back down and akamaru came back in the tent. right before i fell into the darkness of sleep, kiba lightly pecked my forehead.