Katie looked at Bucky and gave a smug smirk as she lightly smacked his chest.
"Watch this..." Katie whispered.
Bucky gave a smile and sat back.
"Kevin has always thought of himself as a gambler." Joey said. "Always believed he was lucky...I mean, the fact that he's never won a bet in his life somehow never dissuaded him of this notion."
Kevin made a face and punched Joey in the arm.
"Hey, I am lucky." Kevin said. "I know all the best bookies."
Joey gave a laugh and turned to the next brother.
"Tommy has a knack for two things." Joey said.
Katie took a deep breath and just glanced at Tommy. She could feel his eyes on her.
"Drawing and getting his brothers out of trouble." Joey said. "See, he doesn't understand that he'd never be able to go anywhere with the first if he couldn't get let go of the second."
Katie knew that Tommy was keeping something from her...and he knew that she was keeping something from him.

"He knows..." Glacier said.

Katie took a deep breath and downed another shot. Bucky felt her flinch and his grip tightened around her waist.
"Now Sean over here?" Joey continued. "The brothers never, and I mean EVER brought any of their girlfriends around him. He even tried with Katie, but she turned him down flat."
The brothers all laughed, but Katie glanced up and saw Bucky glaring at Sean.
"And Jimmy?" Joey asked. "Yeah, he's got a bum leg...and he's crazy, but...he's always trying his best."
"I think that about sums it up." Katie said.
She raised her shot glass and gave a smile.
"Slainte." Katie said.

They all clinked their glasses together as Katie cuddled into Bucky's side even tighter.

***************
John needed her to know that he was always watching her. He hated that she was back with the brothers.

He was currently across the street from The Firecracker...just watching her. As he had always done since her "escape". He had always known where she was.

As if she could ever escape him.

No matter what her father had said...she would always be his. No one else would have her.

It was then he noticed how close she was towards The Winter Soldier. Hatred coursed in his blood as he saw him wrap his arm around her waist and his hand land on her thigh. All he wanted to do was rush in and...

He controlled his breathing as his phone started vibrating in his pocket. John glanced at the caller ID and took another deep breath.

"Sir..." John started. "Yes, sir. Very good...yes...I will...understood."

John ended the call and straightened his tie.

It was almost time. He gave an evil smile and activated the application on his phone.

*********************
"Alright boys..." Katie said. "I think it's time to head back."
"Yeah, well...3am is pretty..." Jimmy started. "Wait...3am is EARLY for us."

We all started laughing as Bucky headed towards the door.

"I'm responsible now." Katie said.
"God help the world." Sean said.
"I'll walk you out." Tommy said.

She took a deep breath as they headed towards the doors. Once they were outside, Katie made a face and turned towards him.

"You're not telling me something." Katie said.
"And you're not telling me something..." Tommy said.
Bucky glanced at them and made a face.
"You two alright?" Bucky asked.
He stepped up to Katie's side and saw the intensity in her eyes.

"Tommy..." Katie started. "Please tell me you didn't...please tell me Hughie is still head of the neighborhood."
Tommy just glared at her.
"Tell me SHE didn't come forward again." Tommy said. "Tell me that John Walker is far away from you!"

Bucky made a face.
"I thought you said they didn't know." Bucky breathed.
Katie couldn't help as some tears started to pool in her eyes.
"They don't..." She said. "Except...Tommy saw me on a bad day. Glacier appeared."
"So, he found you..." Tommy started. "Fuck...you were supposed to tell me!"
"He hasn't technically found me." Katie said. "He found where I used to live. He doesn't know where I currently live."
"Katie..." Bucky started.
"And where's that?" Tommy asked. "We haven't heard from you since you graduated medical school. Damn it, Katie...Ma has been worried sick! Where have you been?!"

Katie pursed her lips together and shook her head.
"I...I can't tell you." Katie said.
Tommy made a face and stared at Bucky.
"Protect her at all costs." Tommy said. "If anything, and I MEAN anything happens..."
Without hesitation, Bucky drew Katie in his arms and nodded his head. Tommy nodded and walked back in the pub.

"That was..." Bucky said.
"Tommy is intense." Katie said.
Katie took a deep breath and looked at Bucky.
"I'm sorry." Katie said. "He's just really protective. They all are..."
Bucky gave a laugh and looked down at her. She gave a smile as they started walking back to the car.
"So...what do we tell everyone?" Bucky asked.
"I don't know..." Katie started. "I mean...it's gonna be a shock, I think. I know I have to talk to Dr. Raynor..."
"Why?" Bucky asked.

Katie stopped walking and gave a tug on his hand so he could face her.
"James..." Katie started.
She looked in his eyes and saw that they weren't blue anymore, but almost black with a look of pure, carnal lust. He moved closer to her as she backed into a wall.
"I think there's a conflict of interest now..." Katie said.
His hands reached towards her waist and pulled her towards him.
"I can't possibly do my job if..."

Katie couldn't even get the sentence out before his lips crashed against hers. Both tongues fighting for dominance hands roamed over their bodies. They just had to taste each other...breathe each other in...as if they couldn't get enough.