[GN] Olivia Hye (LOONA) - Power Couple (Dare Date Pt.2)

Start from the beginning

As you pushed through the rowdy crowd to find Hyejoo, you felt a pair of hands roughly shove you forward.

On the plus side, you were clear of the mess of people. On the down side, you were now stood in the middle of the group, face to face with a pair burly-looking folk who didn't seem too friendly. One had a busted lip while the other had a hand over his side. It looked like they were in a fight or something.

And that was when things clicked in your head.

You turned around to see Hyejoo, sleeves rolled up and a bruised cheek, looking ready to pounce on the next person she saw.

Her eyes scanned the makeshift ring until they stopped on you. For a moment she looked confused, but her expression quickly changed back to a predator hunting its prey. 

At least you had found her, though not in the way you expected.

She was quick on her feet and she lunged forward, seemingly at you. You raised your arms in a weak defence but it was useless since Hyejoo dashed passed you and instead, sped like a bullet at the larger fighter with the bleeding lip.

The scene looked straight out of an action movie. The heroine beating down on some thugs who got on her bad side and a bar that became a battleground.

It was crazy to watch but that suddenly changed when you noticed the second thug ready to land a blow on your girlfriend. "Hyejoo!" You shouted and as if it was second nature, you feet moved before your mind could comprehend what was happening and a moment later, you landed a well-placed right hook to the assailant's injured side.

A rush of adrenaline flooded your senses as you watched the attacker slump forward. There was a light sting in your knuckles where your fist met the larger foe's lower rib cage, but the adrenaline masked that pain.

It was a good thing too since a moment later, your body dropped like a ton of bricks against the hardwood floors of the bar. Perhaps it would have felt a lot worst without the pain-numbing rush in your system but the pain was immense nonetheless.

You looked up to see the thug Hyejoo was fighting standing above you, gnarly bruises all over their face. Your girlfriend had clearly given them the beating of a lifetime.

You weren't sure of what was going to happen next. You could see you assailant above you, but Hyejoo was nowhere in sight. You weren't ready to defend yourself since the burst of adrenaline wasn't enough to mask the pain of what felt like getting hit by a truck.

The thug then grabbed your collar and dragged you up to your feet. It was suffocating as they raised you up by your shirt. Your feet were barely on the ground as you watched the larger fellow raise a fist, but before they could swing, in the corner of your eye, you noticed Hyejoo about to land the knock-out blow of the century.

She had her arms raised over her head and with one swift motion, slammed them into the back of the attacker's head. 

You stumbled a little as you found your footing now that the thug that was restraining you was taking a nap on the floor. Cheers roared, shocking you slightly seeing as you forgot you were out in public. Raising your head, Hyejoo was looking at you with a cheeky grin.

"Power couple of the century, huh?" The brazen words slipped out of your mouth.

"I guess you could say that." She took a step forward and thumbed your cheek. There was a stinging sensation as her thumb ran over your skin. "Looks like that hit got you good."

"Looks like they got you better though. It's like there's a plum on your cheek."

"At least I can take a hit without falling to the floor like a mannequin."

A smile never left your lips as Hyejoo took your hand and pulled you back to the table the two of you had occupied before all of the chaos.

Some say the perfect love is a warm hug, a cup of coffee, and a slow morning, but today, the perfect love felt like a rush of adrenaline, the pulsating pain of being punched in the face, and the feeling of being dropped after one hit onto the hardwood floors of a bar near your college.

And that was perfect.

___

A/N

It's a short one but this was originally going to be a drabble so I kept it that length.

Bar fights are absolutely terrifying by the way. I haven't been involved in one but I saw one break out and seeing people fight with no remorse is pretty scary.

"Not Friends" was a good song and I'm hoping their JP debut is going to be good. I mean, I'll buy the album either way, but I hope it's good since if they're successful, they'll have their own pop-up shops in Japan and I can spend even more money on them than I already do.

 I mean, I'll buy the album either way, but I hope it's good since if they're successful, they'll have their own pop-up shops in Japan and I can spend even more money on them than I already do

(Not edited)