Chapter 3

THIS STORY IS NOT MINE!!! IT'S FIRELIGHTPHOENIX'S FROM DEVIANTART!!!!

-------------------------------

Before your next stop, you stop home to drop off all the groceries and put them away, threatening to beat Izaya if he followed you inside. He frowns a little but waits patiently for you until you come back out. Shizuo already left for work so Izaya was safe for the time being. After you lock up, you head to the fabric store that's close by home.

"What are we doing in here anyway?" Izaya pinches a piece of fabric and feels the material, grimacing at the coarseness of it. You walk to the softer and silkier fabrics and start feeling how soft and durable they are.

"I make a lot of mine and Shizuo's clothing to save on money. Why do you think he always gets pissed off when they get ruined? Especially if they get ruined by you thanks a lot.  Do you know how much work I put into his clothes?" Izaya looks at you surprised as you grab a couple rolls of black fabric.

"You make them? All those bartender outfits you make? Why though? Can't you make him anything else?" Izaya grabs a few rolls to ease your load as you grab two rolls of [favorite color]. You groan slightly at all his questions. You're not comfortable talking about Shizuo to his worst enemy. 

"This is the only question I'll answer about him okay? When I was younger, Shizuo got a job at a bar. As a present to him from me, I made him the outfit in the hopes he could stick with the job. After he got fired though, I offered to make him a new uniform for his next job. He wouldn't let me though and insisted I make him bartender uniforms because he said it was his favorite piece of clothing he owned. So I keep making them for him. I know he only wears them because he's sad he disappointed me." You look around for some buttons and some zippers.

"Wow I didn't know Shizu-chan had such a soft spot for his little sister." You stiffen up a little at the mention of little sister. You drop the rest of the fabric into Izaya's arms and scowl at him.

"Well there's a lot you don't know about him okay? Now go to the cutting counter and get me all the black and ten yards of the [favorite color]." You storm off to grab the rest of your materials. Izaya looks at you confused but goes to the counter to do as you ask. 

After you pay for your fabric, you start to walk home. You sigh as you realize you didn't get much done today. The sun is already starting to set and Shizuo is probably getting worried now. Izaya is humming softly to himself as he walks with you home. Your phone starts to ring with your favorite song as the ringtone. You check the caller id and gulp seeing that it's Shizuo. You take a deep breath and wait for him to speak.

"Where are you [name]? It's getting dark and you're still not home. Tom let me off early but where are you?" Shizuo sounds worried and a tiny bit angry.

"Sorry Shizuo! I got busy and I didn't realize how late it got. I'm walking home now so I'll be home soon." Before Shizuo has a chance to answer, Izaya snatches the phone from your hand and grins widely at your horrified expression.