Preview

I am not afraid of people laughing at me. I don't care what they think.

I am afraid of seeing myself lose. Now, that doesn't really leave me with a spectrum of choices so, I'll simply win.

I am selfish. I am aware. But is it really a bad thing to prioritize yourself over others? Isn't it natural to be selfish? You are the one who will suffer when you are hurt, not them. They can only understand you pain, not feel it. I might help others on the way but that's just an act. Fake. I am selfish.  

Tessia Eralith: "Fateless, you are. Unbounded. Unchained. Not a slave to the 4th edict. Truly Free. The only one who can write his own "story" in the true sense. The others may try, sweat, bleed, starve, die...but they would never avoid their predetermined END."

Why am I a half-elf? Why am I Lucas Wykes

Arthur Leywin: "People don't change, Lucas. Sometimes they are in control of the demons deep within them and sometimes they are not."

Lucas Wykes: "I don't have demons within me. I am one."

When I save people, I do not save them simply out of concern for their welfare. I save them 'cause they might come in handy at some point. Sacrifices are to be made only when the outcome is promising. I kinda hate wastage. 

I don't want to get attached to anyone in this world. I just wanna go home. I am not some isekai'd MC. I am not a hero. I have my own people that I love. I have my own life there, I wanna go back. 

"TBATE is not just a novel. It never was."

It is foolish to think that there is only one world. Don't think too highly of yourself. An unreckoned number of worlds exist out there. Each has its strings attached to one. Earth. Authors, poets, painters, scriptwriters, etc., are all individuals acting as 'windows' to these worlds. They are able to witness the eras of those worlds, turning them into their own work. Fantasies. TurtleMe is one of the windows.   

Lucas Wykes: 

"I know the future. I know the strategies. I know the war. I am aware of the truth. Until I find a way to get back home, I shall lead you and this world to a better path, Grey." 

"There is only one way of dealing with the asuras. Fool them before they fool you. Be corrupt and decisive while dealing with them. Be at the receiving end, always. If your conscience causes you to lower your head, crush theirs before it dips."

"This war is just a battle and we can always lose the battle but the true war is ours to win."

Windsom: "Despite being weaker in combat than the human, the half-elf can't be treated lightly; if Arthur seems like a king, Lucas seems to have the power to make him lose his throne -- he knows something we don't, about the war and about us. I fear that he may become a threat even greater than the Vritra clan."

What is this? A sword? 

Djinn: "I don't have memories but I do have the knowledge. I am a djinn. The leader of the radicals. We refused to sacrifice ourselves for our pacifist tribe. A rouge soldier, you may say."

Lucas: "What kind of sword are you?"

Djinn: "I can do the basics, but my primary ability is to sever Fate. I can cut the strings of Fate attached to a being. It's funny how you don't have one."

Djinn: "There are 8 nameless runes. I did like to call them Apostle or Emperor runes. They were scattered throughout the relictombs by us radicals. Though they aren't as strong as God runes, they are the true weapons. Since I have the knowledge, I know where they are."

Something happened at the end of TBATE. Arthur didn't actually fail but the loss was too great for the victory to be called sweet. Fate was left unconquered, Its shackles destroyed the dreams and hopes of the people. That's why, I—who is Fateless—am needed. 

I hate losing so I'll simply win. I'm selfish so I'll protect the world I love. And since I am a scum, I will just "Fuck Fate.