vi.

"i got tired of waiting
wonderin' if you were ever comin' around

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃・❪ ❁ ❫ ・▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

she flipped the pages of the book, barely paying attention to the crisp pages before her, for her mind remained occupied with the thoughts of her loved one. 

him. the way his eyes crinkled when he laughed. the way his lips twitched whenever he tried to hide his smile. the way his nose scrunched up at the sight of his disowned brother and his friends. the way his brows furrowed when he tried to figure out why muggles depicted all wizards with long beards and pointy hats.

the way his eyes brightened up and sparked whenever he saw her. the way his smile lightened up the entire room when he was happy. the way his tinkling laugh bounced off the walls when he found her lame jokes ridiculously funny.

she missed him. a lot. it had been not more than half an year since he had left her in the muggle town, with their book and a pouch full of muggle money, and a note that said that he'd come back to her soon. 

soon, she thought. it was a funny word. cruel, in it's own way. while soon could mean a few days to one, it could mean months to another. 

and now she sat, waiting, wondering when the 'soon' wait would end. her patience wore thin, much like the light cotton dress she wore which fluttered every time a light breeze would happen to pass by.

her eyes flitted about her little flat, scanning the little trinkets in her room decorated with pots of plants of different sizes, her fingers tracing the slightly tattered wand she kept hidden from the muggle eye, when she heard a crack.

her eyes widening, she turned around at lightning speed, as a person she knew all too well came into her sight. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃・❪ ❁ ❫ ・▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

my faith in you was fading
when I met you on the outskirts of town, and I said"