For what I expected to be the only time in my life, I agreed with the elf.

"You guys take the fun out of everything!" Wequie mumbles as his shoulders drop and he kicks the floor like an angry toddler, "you're all so fucking old and boring."

"Wequie," I beg, truly beg.

"Fine," he says with a pout, "I just wanted to let you all know that I did the fucking impossible and have a contact with the Amaris Clan."

Whatever response I'd had ready for Wequie dies on my tongue as his words register and I quickly straighten in my chair.

"The Amaris Clan," I repeat, my brain having a hard time computing his words.

"Yeah," Wequie mumbles, trying to act beaten even as he kept glancing up at us with triumph in his eyes.

"Are you serious?" Malcolm asks, no longer slouching in his chair but nearly on the edge of it as his grey eyes locked onto Wequie.

"You think I'd joke about this?" he scoffs as if offended, "after all the work I've put into making this clan look better than just somewhat presentable? I'm deadly serious."

For a moment, we all just stare at him, sheer disbelief making it hard to reply or ask the questions I probably should be asking.

Like how in all the realms Wequie had managed to contact the famously isolated clan who only made themselves seen or heard when they wished it.

That was one of the reasons we'd made converging with the Amaris Clan as a future goal, a very far in the future goal that I'd see to when this war was over and I controlled the majority of the species. 

They were supposed to be the last piece to the puzzle, the last step, not one we'd find while we were still midway through.

"I know," Wequie says into the sudden quiet as he props a hand on his hip and fans himself, "I'd be speechless too."

Annoying as he was, there was no denying all Wequie had done since he stepped into took control of the clan's 'brand'. 

His implements had started as minuscule almost unnoticeable things like deciding that our clan colours would be black and a deep burgundy red. The colours suited us so I didn't oppose it, I'd actually barely noticed it.

Then he started teaching every clanmate how they should always exude strength and confidence whenever they stepped out of the castle. Which again was a good thing, but I thought it to be somewhat frivolous, but before long, those little things began to come together.

It was impossible to ignore the way everyone fought with the confidence and aggression that Wequie had hammered into them, making us all look like an in sync unit that made our opponents hesitant and make crucial mistakes.

Soon, our clan mates only wore our colours and most were dressed in similar clothing that made it easier to distinguish them when were in battle. The next thing I knew, they were banners around the castle and all our properties with the symbol of a bleeding rose that marked our clan's presence wherever it was. 

I could remember the powerpoint presentation Wequie had made to the entire clan as he explained why a black, bleeding rose wasn't enough and how important the attached stem was that suggested our growth as a species.

The crest was nice, it looked like special, ancient markings on its own before someone showed you the rose petals, the stem and the blood, but that was apparently the look Wequie wanted so I didn't argue with it.

The only thing we were missing as a clan, was a name but that was because it was the one thing Wequie couldn't decide on.

But that was such a minor detail when compared to all the things Wequie had done over these last few months, especially when he now brought us an opportunity to join forces with the Amaris clan.