Chapter 54: Letter of Challenge

Start from the beginning

They are trained knights and the most elites. Every single one of them can at least equal 40 to 100 lower knights.

Everything has been taken into consideration.

Hypothetically the enemy hindered their barrier placement. They have a counterplay on that countermeasure.

The answer was simple. Hinata and the top knights will act as decoys while their envoys will place the barrier.

Their enemies are also taken into consideration.

According to their 'private sources'.

Kingdom of Tempest's main garrison was.

Evolved Goblins, Evolved Lizardmen, and also Evolved Ogres. On the surface, the Knights thought that they were only monsters we already encountered in the past they discomfort. But the problem was the Storm Dragon and the existence of Archdemons. According to their intel, the numbers of ArchDemons are 4.

4 ArchDemons may become peril but they think positive. Each three of them can defeat a single ArchDemon. And after they erect the barrier they would pose no threat to them.

As for the Storm Dragon Veldora. it was a gamble, The battle was personal by Hinata and Rimuru's forces therefore Veldora doesn't need to participate.

The Knights came fully prepared, their equipment loved with the Spirits adds up their confidence.

While the knights are savoring their rest from marching, Hinata began giving her orders.

"Attention! I'm gonna give you commands now"

Hearing so, the Knights' attentiveness concentrated on Hinata.

"Let me take on their ruler while top elite commanders shall lead the units in deploying the barrier

Central troops, Rear, and support troops erect the barrier is a must... don't become overconfident! our enemy is a new demon lord recognized by the Octagram. if someone dares to hinder the erection of barrier, use any means to counter their attacks! "

it has been two weeks since the scheduled meeting with Hinata. And here I was... convincing Veldora... and trust me it was painful on convincing this guy

"I'm sorry Veldora it looks like it's not your turn. I need to intercept Hinata myself and the others will not even be a toy for you"

"Guargh!! Why Rimuru?! you didn't even bring me in the Walpurgis!"

Are you a child crying because your parent did not you bring to the park?

"Now, now you have dealt with the angels now that I think of it I wanted to hear it more sometime."

"They are not even that entertaining"

"That same goes to the knights compared to your strength"

"Bu-but!"

"No buts!"

"Rimuru is right to let the adults take care of this" 

Luminous who is standing as a maid growled 

"Why are you suddenly sided with Rimuru, Milus? don't tell me you actually fallen for his charms"

Veldora snarled

"of course not you ugly lizard... I suppose if Rimuru will do my bidding  turn himself into a woman also offered everything to me, I may consider it"

So Veldora and Luminous are at their odds again.

"I just wonder if I should fight Hinata?" coming from the opposite seat 

Shizu-san asked

"No, Hinata wanted to fight me to retrieve Shizu-san... if Shizu-san were to fight then that destroys the purpose"

"How about watch me destroy her, this time I'll handicap myself! I will not use any strategies let's just say I'm just gonna fight Hinata head-on"

I suggested

"I understand... then I can't wait to see that battle"

Shizu-san prattled

"Yeah leave it to me... I'm gonna defeat one of your two troublesome students."

And so after just that day the afternoon... The knights have arrived on the Tempest premises.

Hinata unmounting her horse later proceed to greet us.

"This is the second time we meet I reckon?" She arrogantly stated

"Nice to meet you again Captain of the Crusaders... I deem you came here based on the letter you sent."

"Yes, I came here to rescue Shizu-sensei from your dirty paws." 

"Too bad Shizu-san is a part of Tempest. I have no interest in obeying you"

"Then you leave me no choice I shall exterminate you by my own hands"

She sharpens her gaze and steered her blade to my face.

"Mephisto."

"Mephisto." Rimuru casted

His body discharges an intensive amount of mist leaving the knights' vision and coordination go awry. But as promised Rimuru didn't rely on any underhanded strategies instead the mist just teleported the knights on an open field arena. There are no spectators and the arena is completely deserted. if there is someone else alongside them in the Field it was the individuals who suddenly fade in their sense of vision.

An ArchDemon wearing a black butler uniform.

A blue-haired Ogre wearing shinobi-like gear.

A purple-haired Ogre.

A Giant Direwolf.

"Kufufufu"

And the demon lord ambling silently towards the battlefield.

The battle with the Holy knights has begun.