It's the Oscars today and unfortunately, we are attending it as our first "official" public event together. We're heading to Hailee's house to just drop off some stuff but we have a hotel booked for us to get ready with the stylists and makeup people and all the other stuff and then after the Oscars, we'll head back to change for the after-party and then back to Hailee's place.

"Have you worked with anyone else?" Hailee asked me.

"A couple, I played guitar for Post Malone, I've co-written and played piano for Camila and Dua, I also sang with Dua on Homesick but Maggie is the first time I've been involved in a whole project" I told her.

"I look forward to hearing it. You don't mind if I get a shower here, do you? I'll be quick cause I'm not washing my hair, Peter will wash it at the hotel"

"Yeah of course. There are clean towels in the cupboard and you don't have to ask, just simply let me know so I ain't walking in on you and shit, I mean unless..." I said sarcastically getting a laugh in return.

"You never know" she joked back as she headed to the bathroom and I'd be lying if I said I even tried not to look at her ass in those silk pyjama shorts. I'd be a fool if I didn't admit that Hailee is insanely beautiful, there are definitely worse people I could be in a fake relationship with.

I started to roll myself a cigarette when I got a knock on the door, I don't have any packages coming and even if I did, the mailman isn't usually here for another hour. I finishing rolling my cig as I walked to the door and opened it.

"Mum? What are you doing here?" I asked as I saw her standing there.

"That's not exactly the nicest way to greet you mom" she told me as she walked inside.

"I'm sorry, I just wasn't expecting you. Did you call me?"

"No, just thought I'd come over. These will kill you" she said as she took the cigarette from my mouth.

"We all die eventually" I said taking it back from her.

"Y/n could you come and... oh" Hailee, who now just had a towel wrapped around her, suddenly stopped herself as she saw my mum and now I suddenly have to decide if I bullshit my mum and say Hailee is my girlfriend or tell her the truth.

"Mum, this is Hailee, my girlfriend. Hailee, you know who she is" I said introducing them.

"Oh god, my first time meeting Julia Roberts and I'm in a freaking towel" Hailee said making mum laugh.

"Don't worry about it sweetheart, you still look gorgeous" mum replied to her and she wasn't wrong. "Wait, Hailee? Steinfeld right?" mum asked and Hailee nodded, looking a little surprised that mum knew her name. "I watched you in Dickinson and you were amazing, Daniel and I watched the whole thing"

"That honestly means so much coming..." I cut Hailee off.

"What is it you needed me to do?" I asked her.

"Oh right yeah. It was a pleasure to meet you" she said to my mum.

"Oh the pleasure was all mine Hailee" mum said back with a smile and I followed Hailee into the bathroom.

"That shower thingy is stuck" she said to me.

"Oh yeah, it does that" I said as I reached over and got it unstuck. "You were this close to fangirling over my mum"

"I was?" she asked and I nodded. "I mean your mom is THE American Sweetheart of the nineties Y/n, anyone who doesn't know her personally would be fangirling"

"Fair enough, you have a point but just remember, she's not Julia Roberts the actress, she is Julia, your boyfriend's mum" I explained to her.

"Yeah, I get you, I can see how people on the outside might see it but to be fair, it's not like I'd be all nervous and fangirling every time I see her"