Chapter 7 - "It's A...!"

Three Hours Later
"I'm home!" I hear Dean shout from downstairs. I get up from the couch and run over to him. "Hi baby!" "Hello there beautiful" He says as he is kissing me. "Ew, you guys are gross" Sam says staring at us from the loft upstairs. "Talk about you and Ella the other night.." "How did you know??" He says offensively. "El told me" I say. He huffs and walks away. Dean laughs and walks into the kitchen to start on dinner. "Can we just order in tonight babe?" "Yeah sure what do you want?" He says. "Can we order some spicy wings to get baby bug moving along?" I say in a whiny voice so he says yes. "Sure! Sammy what do you want from wing hut?" "Extra spicy wings and fries please" He yells as he is coming down the stairs. "Ordered" Dean says about five minutes later as we're sitting on the back deck enjoying the sun before it goes down.

We ate our food and then I went to bed at ten because I was worn out. Dean came to bed around twelve and he turned the tv off. I woke up to a gushing feeling coming out of me. I thought I peed myself because that happens to me a lot while pregnant, but I could tell it was different. "Oh my god, my water just broke." I said to myself. "Dean, Dean wake up now!" "What??!" He said as he rolled over. "My water just broke we need to get to the hospital now!!" "Oh my god, okay, okay, I'll grab the hospital bag, you put some clothes on and I'll get Sam. I grab my comfy pants and a pajama shirt hesitating to get in the car. "SAMMM" Dean yells as he's helping me down the stairs. "What's wrong?" Sam yells from his bedroom. "Layla's water broke we need to get to the hospital, drive in your car and meet us there." "Oh my god! Okay I'm coming." Sam says. I start to think that Sam never went to bed. "What time is it?" I say to Dean as we are walking out the door. "3:25 am" Dean says. Dean bought a new car for our family. He made sure the baby's car seat was in the back, put our bags in the trunk, and we were off. Sam was following behind us, and everything went to a blur because I was so scared. On our way there I called my parents, Ella, and Dean called his parents. They all said that they would meet us at the hospital. We got there and they put me into a wheelchair and took me upstairs on the elevator. They had me put on a hospital gown, and put me in a room for labor and delivery. My parents came in at the same time as Ella, and I decided that I just wanted them and not Dean's parents. Sam arrived when Dean and I did, but he waited at the front for his parents, Ella, and mine. Dean, Ella, Sam, and my parents were all with me. Dean's parents stayed in the waiting room and Sam popped out there occasionally. My doctor came in and told me I was eight centimeters dilated. "Let me call the nurse in, and you can start pushing!" She said. I sighed with relief. Everyone came in with the equipment and it all started happening. All I could feel was the pain, and all I could see was people hovering over me. Every twenty seconds the doctor had me push and put my chin to my chest for ten seconds while pushing. I felt the baby come out. "It's a girl!" The nurse says. I start to cry with happiness. "Six pounds, eight ounces. She's a little one!" They all kissed me on the head and left the room for a little while so that I could rest. We told the doctors what we were naming her, and we held her for hours. Everyone eventually got to hold her, and for the first time I saw Dean cry with happiness.

Three days later we took Nova Kate home. "This is your nursery baby girl!" I said in a tiny voice. For the next couple weeks, we spent hours shopping for cute little outfits, toys, stuffed animals, books, everything a little girl could ask for. We even came up with a nickname, Princess. "She is the most spoiled princess ever." I said "She always will be" Dean says as he kisses her on the cheek. "I'm going to work, I will be back later!" "I love you!" I love you more" I sit in Nova's rocking chair, rocking her back and forth. Eventually she fell asleep and I put her in her crib, and turned on her camera that is hanging above her bed on the ceiling so I could watch her while I do the dishes.

While I was finishing up the dishes, there's a knock at the door. I walk over and see Ella standing on the porch. "Hi!!" "Hiii babe" "How's my baby bug?" "She's sleeping" I say with a smile on my face. "Do you want me to watch her for awhile today and let you and Dean go on a date or something?" El suggests. "No no, no, you don't have to do that!" "Lay you guys need a break" "I mean I did pump a lot of milk... I guess.." "Yay!! A party for Nova and I" Ella seemed so excited. "Thank you so much, I love you El" "I love you too." "I'm taking Nova to my parents for a little while today to visit and then I'll come back, get ready and then call you to come back, does that sound good?" "Yeah! That's fine. Sam and I are going to look at pets today so that's fine." "Oh my godddd!! He didn't tell me that!" "Yeah... I'm really excited!" "I'm so happy everything worked out for you two." "I am too.. I have to go!" "Bye!! I love you!" "I love you too!" She says as she closes the front door behind her.