∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

∆∆

Exams were over, and as the spring months krept in, the long break from classes was needed and welcomed. Jaemin and Jeno both went to their respective families, enjoying their time with the love and presence around them, but soon they found themselves back in the comfort of their apartment, with their cats, and each other.

Jaemin now sees Ling Wen, his therapist, weekly and it was helping him open his eyes to the trauma from his childhood, and the trauma from his relationship. And it was helping him understand that it wasn't his fault, because he hadn't let go of her hand, Hayoon had merely slipped through his fingers like sand.

[yo my god tier rhyming is back you're welcome]

Meanwhile, Jeno had just received an email from his mother, attached to it was a link to a long pdf. of what looked like divorce papers. Turns out, they were divorce papers.

"Jaem..." Jeno slowly turns around in his chair, his eyes not wanting to leave his computer screen.

"Yes? What's–" Jaemin looks up and immediately frowns. "What." His voice was harsh, but not towards Jeno, because Jeno had that face on. It was the same face he had when he told Jaemin his father hit his mother, and it was the same face he had when he told Jaemin he was kicked out of his house.

"My mom...and dad, they..." He didn't finish his sentence, simply turning back around to his computer and shuddering. Jaemin scrambles up off the couch, and hurries over to him, leaning over his shoulder and reading the email.

"Divorced?"

"I- I guess? She says it will take six months of them being apart for anything to be official but...she really cut ties with him," Jeno finally answers, closing the pdf. The two stay in the kitchen in silence as Jaemin begins to brew some tea. He walks back over with a cup of oolong, and gently closes Jeno's computer.

"Well?" He hands the tea to him, telling him to blow on it.

"Well what?"

Jaemin takes a seat next to him, leaning his head on his hand. "Well, what do you feel?"

"I mean, I'm glad that she's ridding her life of him. That she's ridding him of all of our lives but it's...I just never would have imagined it coming," Jeno says with a frown. He takes a sip of the tea, resting his back on the chair as he thinks. "It's good. I'm- I'm glad she's doing this. I am. I'm just sort of amazed we got this far."

"That makes sense, Jen, your dad is –for lack of a better term– a control freak, and seems impossible to leave, even for me and I'm not even related." Jaemin picks up Nal and begins to scratch her ears. "So what are you thinking?"

"That my dad is a misogynistic bitch and my mom is clearly god."

"Took you so long to realize."

Jeno turns his head with a disbelieving laugh. "Shut up, you've only met my mom like once asshole."

"Yeah and it only took me once to see the queen she is, meanwhile you're her son," Jaemin says with a deliberate 'evil-villain' cat scratch. Jeno laughs again before rolling his eyes in exasperation.

"You're unbearable."

Jaemin gets up and puts his empty mug in the sink, "My only purpose in life is to make yours a living hell."

"God damn Jaem," Jeno sighs warmly, covering his smile with his hand. "You are the only comedian."

"Glad you noticed." Is the final thing Jaemin says before placing Nal in Jeno's lap and walking back to the couch to settle on it to do some work on his computer.

"I hate you."

"Awww~."

Inferior_dumbass:
I'm literally–

Superior_dumbass:
Pissing your pants?
No babe not without me😿

Inferior_dumbass:
LEAVE
No im not pissing my pants

Superior_dumbass:
Yet...
Aight okay whats actually up
Cuz mark is coming *mOaN* over soon so pls use spEEd

Inferior_dumbass:
You're...
Actually the worst hyuck
Anywho
I need help
More specifically yours

Superior_dumbass:
If this is college related
I cannot help you
Im sorry i know you think im god but im not

Inferior_dumbass:
I literally think you are the most incompitent person on this earth
And you date Mark
So no its not school

Superior_dumbass:
Oop okay what do you need then?

Inferior_dumbass:
    Okay so
Boyf? Like i think im ready?

Superior_dumbass:
FRIEND?? OMG YES FINALLY
MY GUY SAID FUCK THE TRAUMA I WANT MY MANS

Inferior_dumbass:
SHUEWHGE SHUT IT ASSHOLE
I SAID I /THINK/ DUMBASS
Idk like im scared but i realllllly wanna date him
...
Again

Superior_dumbass:
Im telling mark >:)

Inferior_dumbass:
YOU ARENT TELLING MARK SHIT

Superior_dumbass:
OH I AM TELLING HIM ALL THE SHIT YOU FUCKTRUCK

Inferior_dumbass:
I HATE YOU

Superior_dumbass:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
¢‿¢

Inferior_dumbass:
Die
(☉‿☉✿)

Jaemin heaves a sigh and slumps back onto the couch, the two cats sitting on either side of him, asleep. Jeno was currently out at class and Jaemin had just gotten back from dance where he had a "lovely" conversation with Hoshi about his trauma and past with Lee Jeno which then prompted him to text Donghyuck. And now he awaits the inevitable call from Mark Lee which he assumes will come in the next hour or so.

Jaemin really hopes Mark's phone is dead.

Scratch that, Jaemin wishes he himself was dead. Unfortunately he's not and has to now suffer in silence as Jeno slowly ends his class.

"Maybe I should run away. Take the cats with me, pack up and run back home. No wait, they all know where I live. Maybe I could hide in the graveyard at Hayoon's headstone? No, that's too obvious... Oh I hate this." He groans and stretches his arms with a small yelp, making both his cats jump in both surprise and annoyance. Nal meows and Jaemin softly apologizes.

He stays on the couch, eventually falling into a blissful sleep...until he awoke with the door unlocking and a cat on his face.

Jeno enters the apartment and puts his stuff down, staring at his phone. "Jaem? Mark said you had something to tell me."

Jaemin sighs. "Oh fuck my life."

∆∆

∆Hi hello :) welcome back to frustratingly slow updates with me– amor ! anywho school started yesterday and I'm moving tomorrow so I'm surprised I got this out lmao. But the people asked for it (in my book called Reader's Vote made for you guys please go check it out lmao)  so yeah youre welcomeeeee~ this book/series is so close to being done, just a couple more chapters to go lol∆