Chapter Three- A Thing Like That

Start from the beginning

'Yes that makes the most sense. I see the resemblance. And I do remember you now, Talitha Alpha Willow Black. Of course! One of the most brightest witches I had. It seems as though there will be some family rivalry between you and Regulus!' Slughorn said with a grin.

Talitha let out a noticeable chuckle at this, then rolled her eyes.

'Alright class enough commotion, let's get you settled.' Slughorn continued, 'I've put your name down on a desk. Find it and sit there please. This will be your place for the rest of the year.'

Talitha found her place next to a boy called Ethan Highcross. She didn't recognise the name at all.

And she was good at remembering pure blood names.

She scanned the boy and asked 'Are your parents muggle?'

He nodded his head yes.

Shit she thought. There was no way she could sit next to a Mugblood. If her parents found out, they'd make her pay the price.

She needed to fix this quickly.

'Sir!' Talitha called out.

Slughorn turned to the back and nodded at Talitha so that she could continue.

Everyone stopped to see what Talitha Black had to say.

Double shit Talitha thought. Now everyone would know what's she going to do. She had to be confident about it no matter what.

'I need to switch places sir. I cannot be sat next to a thing like that.'

The whole classroom was shocked. A loud gasp passed through Ethan's lips.

Sirius glared at his sister. How dare she, he thought. How dare she be so cruel.

Sirius was sat next to Remus thankfully, as Remus held him back from saying anything.

All Sirius could do was glare at her with disgust.

'Right okay Talitha. And why not?' Slughorn questioned.

Triple shit, now she would really have to be mean. She would have to spit out what she needed to say.

'I cannot be sat next to a Mugblood. It's bad enough I'm in the same classroom as them.'

Another gasp passed through Ethan's lips.

Everyone continued to stare at Talitha. Shocked that she had the nerve to say that.

Talitha sucked in all the attention and instead of appearing nervous put a smirk on her face.

No one said anything for a while until she heard someone say; 'How dare she. Who does she think she is?'

Talitha located who said that straight away and saw that it was coming from a short ginger girl.

Talitha noticed that the ginger girl was in front of Remus and the traitor (Sirius).

Next to the ginger girl was the curly headed boy who crashed into her on her first day back.

It was bugging her now as she stared at him that she couldn't remember his name.

'Talitha that is a very high demand. And speaking to students that way is not tolerated. But there's been enough commotion today so I will move Ethan. He may sit next to Lily Evans. James Potter you can next to Talitha.' Slughorn said finally.

Slughorn knew James wasn't a Muggle and he was head boy, hoping that his good charm would rub off on her.

James was annoyed at this. He finally had the chance to sit next to Lily only to be ripped apart and sit next to her.

Talitha saw as Ethan ran over to James and Lily's desk.

So that's the name of the ginger girl Talitha thought and of course that's who the curly headed boy is.

James Potter.

She already knew that she would despise James Potter. He had this golden boy look to him that she hated.

It also happened to be the boy who Sirius Black found comfort in when he was kicked out. James Potter welcomed Sirius into his life all too happily.

Talitha didn't remember James Potter from her previous years at Hogwarts, but one look at him and she was already sick of him.

James slowly made his way over to Talitha's desk. Slamming down his books and sitting sulkily in his chair. He didn't even look at Talitha. Knowing that if he did he'd been even more annoyed.

Talitha loved when people would be annoyed at her. Some people felt uneasy about it but she loved it.

That power knowing she could piss people off made her feel so alive.

'Where's all that talk that I got from the other day?' Talitha joked

'Oh piss off.'

'Like get up and piss on you or what?' Talitha questioned innocently.

'I can't stand you.' James spat out, still facing away from Talitha.

'You can't stand me? But you've only known me a day. Surely it can't be that easy to get you on your back.' Talitha said sweetly her smirk coming alive again.

'You ruined everything!' James said finally turning to face Talitha. Noticing the smirk on her face and getting angrier at that.

'Ruined what? Oh wait I know! You thought this would be the perfect chance to flirt away with that ginger girl! Awww poor James never gets his way.' Talitha said sarcastically.

Regulus hadn't told her that, but Talitha thought it was obvious enough to figure out.

James basically drooled over the poor girl.

'Shut up! Just... shut up!' James said now glaring at her.

'You are so pathetic.' Talitha said, staring back at him before facing away and starting her notes.

James continued to stare at her burning daggers into her.

He knew that he was going to hate being sat next to Talitha Black.