Delivery!

August 18th, 1990
7:30pm

It was a breezy evening in downtown San Diego as Kai cruised down the road, a Pepsi in one hand and the other grasping the wheel of his delivery car. Two large pies of Domino's extra cheese pizza rode passenger, his last stop of the night being a house in an upper class suburb. The Altitude Sky Lounge he drove by happily, anticipating going home after a long day to his yorkshire terrier and binging Full House. This job was temporary, or at least he hoped; his true passion in life being photography. A kitchen, a restaurant, a lakeside bench - a true Houdini with the lens as he worked magic with any subject no matter the location. A master of angles and dreamer of bigger opportunities life definitely would offer if he were patient enough. It wasn't impossible, since he had already submitted to multiple contests, one could at last be his breakthrough.

"Do Me!" by Bell Biv DeVoe pumps through his speakers as he rolls on through after the red stoplight becomes green. There was something about skyscrapers in dusk giving a cozy feel, or maybe it was just that he was a city kid at heart. Off into the footwell he tosses the empty can and lets his hand hang out of the partially open window, letting the wind dance along his porcelain skin and smiling. A lack of sleep stands no chance against his good mood, everything having went his way the past couple of hours. A winning $100 lottery ticket after work, light traffic, all his favorite songs on the radio.

The neighborhood was just feet away, full of beautiful multicolor and variously styled homes. It was a split-level he was hunting down and it took a couple of winding circular paths before it came into sight, porch light on. A light beige hue with gray brick siding, it was one of the more gorgeous ones he'd seen in his time bringing orders to hungry customers. Clunk, went the vehicle all of a sudden just as he was pulling into a space and dropped so forcefully it made him jump.

"What the?" he mumbled and turned the ignition off, coming out and dashing to the front of the car. A quick pop of the hood confirmed his worries, that the engine had failed. The biggest question now was how he'd manage to make it back to the store, or in for work tomorrow period. Until he could concoct some genius plan, he shut it once more and retrieved the pizzas.

Breathtaking hydrangeas, peonies and gerbera daisies planted amongst evergreens lined the walkway as he strolled, making for an aesthetically pleasing welcome. Knock, knock, knock. Soft but loud enough to be heard were his knocks, and luckily not a minute went by before the woman answered.

There you stood, in quite the translucent robe which accentuated every curve of your shape. A lacy black bra and matching panty visible through the flimsy material, locks of your hair thrown into a hasty updo and painted toenails looking dainty in fuzzy slippers. "Ah, am I glad to see you! I'm so starved, this is basically a late dinner."

"Mhm." Kai's wandering gaze is directly on your nearly exposed breasts, and he becomes aware quickly and averts it so now he's looking at the boxes. "Two large pizzas, and a first hand witness of my humiliation. My damn car decided to break down right in front of your house."

A completely ludicrous idea popped into your mine just then, entirely too risky being that he was a stranger. There he stood, in the signature blue polo and a pair of black slacks with the cap turned backwards on his head. Locks of soft chestnut hair poked out from underneath, and his sapphire eyes seemed kind. Harmless even. "Tell you what, why don't I invite you in to share this pizza with me and maybe you can stay the night. I have a guest bedroom upstairs that you can sleep in, and I can take you on a ride to the local car shop about ten minutes south first thing in the morning." Was it so outlandish to let a stranger in? Sure, you'd seen your fair share of thriller movies based around this exact premise - but something in your gut told you it wasn't the case - at least not with this certain individual.