Roxy

It seems the income as a tutor for a noble child's tutor is rather good. Paul's one of the few knights in this area, and still had the status as a lower class noble. Thus, he's able to provide a salary befitting his status.

Since the village has no inn, the job will offer the tutor accommodation too. Our expectations were a retired adventure who was a middle or old-aged man who spent his life devoted to research on magic. This guy would probably have a beard to make himself give a sagelike impression.

"I am Roxy. Please give me your guidance."

So imagine my surprise when I saw a girl like this: 

She looked like a middle schooler but her vibe wasn't one would expect

She looked like a middle schooler but her vibe wasn't one would expect. She was acting shy though.

(cute) I thought.

She's dressed in a brown magician's robe, her light blue hair in braids, and her compact body felt just right. The white skin, devoid of any suntan, was accompanied by sleepy half-opened eyes. She had curt-looking lips, and though she's not bespectacled, she does give the image of a studious girl always working in the library.

She's holding a bag in one hand, the other hand holding a staff a magician would use. My parents were speechless as they look at her. That's to be expected. I also didn't see this coming perhaps that is why I blurted those words out without thinking.

"You're really small," I said.

"I don't want to hear that from you." she retorted.

I got refuted. Maybe she has a complex about it? or she thought I was referring to the chest.

Roxy sighed.

"Hah. Anyway, which one's the student I'm supposed to teach?" She looked around and asked

"Ah, it's this child." Zenith introduced me, who was in her arms.

And she immediately widens her eyes, letting out a sigh,

"Haaa. I guess it happens from time to time, huh, that there are idiot parents who think their child has talent after growing slightly..." She quietly grumbled.

Hey! I heard that you know!

"What is it?" Zenith asked, a little offended.

"It's nothing. However, I think that child of yours doesn't understand the concept of magic, right?" 

"Oh no, you'll be surprised when you teach him, Lux has a lot of talent after all." 

Isn't my mother acting way too smug!?

Roxy sighed again. "Haa, I understand. I'll try my best."

Or, so she said. She probably assumed it's useless to say anything else. With that, it's decided that in the morning, it'll be Roxy's lessons, and in the afternoon, it'll be swordsmanship studies under Paul.