two

it was around two in the morning when billie woke from her sleep, still as tired as ever.

she already knew she wasn't going to be able to fall asleep again, so she let out a huff and got up.

the house was completely quiet, not even a creek from the flooring could be heard as she walked.

to say she was in a better mental state than she was when she was younger was an understatement, but still, there were lots of nights where she felt lonely, like she was all by herself.

it wasn't really a secret that she liked being around other people. and sure, her dog shark could help her get over that lonely feeling for awhile, but those times were mostly short lived.

as she stepped down from the last step she got an idea, something to keep her busy.

she was going to make cookies.

walking over and into her kitchen she searched the drawers for a little baking book that had all the recipes for her favorite treats, something her mother had gifted to her on one of her previous birthdays.

billie hummed as she went through her cabinets, setting out the ingredients she would need to bake her favorite cookies.

she checked things off the list as she went down, a slight frown forming on her face as noticed she was missing the sugar.

she really didn't want to leave her house during this time, it was only a short time before billies team would give her a load of shit to do, and so she wanted to spend as mush time in the comfort of her own home as she could.

billie stood in the kitchen for a minute, trying to decide to go get the sugar or not.

there was always a chance of her getting recognized which she definitely didn't want, but it was also really late into the night.

after making up her mind billie made her way back up the stairs, and into her closet.

throwing on something simple, she made her way to her car, making her way to the small store she was in around a week ago.

getting there, billie noticed there was only one other car in the parking lot.

she looked at her surroundings before exiting her car, locking it as she made her way inside.

just like the previous time she was there, the quiet sound of music could be heard when entering.

you would think going into a random store in the middle of the night would be kinda creepy, but she strangely found it comforting.

she sent a small shy wave to the person behind the counter, the same pretty girl that was there last time.

billie walked down the isles in search for the sugar she was needing, letting out a tired and frustrated grumble when she couldn't find it.

she turned around, heading up to where the worker was.

"could you show me where the brown sugar is please?" billies voice caught the attention of the girl who nodded her head in response.

billie followed the worker, letting out a little laugh at where the sugar sat, right on the corner of a shelf in plain sight.

"i'm sorry, i'm so tired i'm must have-" billie got cut off of her explanation mid sentence.

"no you're fine, there's no need to apologize." gray smiled at the girl, finally being able to remember her name.

"if you need anything else you know where to find me." with that gray made her way back to the front, mind filled with questions about the customer.

billie let a couple minutes pass before she made her way up, it was just so unlike her to start feeling so shy so randomly.

billie kept quiet this time as she put her item on the counter for it to be scanned, finding the worker quite intimidating.

she paid, sliding the money on the counter, looking up as she heard a voice speak.

"you have really pretty eyes."

her cheeks immediately started turning a light red, heating up.

she let out a cute little 'thank you' surprised at herself.

the complement was simple, something she heard and seen comments of many times before, basically everyday.

yet that was all she could think about as she got in her car and made her way back to her house.

gray filled her thoughts as she made her cookies, an idea of bringing her some sometime popped up.

but then she thought about how that might be a little weird considering they don't even know each other.

she hoped that would change soon.