75| Tread Lightly

Start from the beginning

With a bit a guilt, Rashad rubbed the back of his neck. Bringing peace was the last thing that crossed Rashad's mind when he decided to take the impromptu flight to Houston, it actually didn't cross his mind at all. "Most def ma," Rashad nodded his head, telling his mother what she wanted to hear. "I have to head out though. Everything should be in their bag, if not---" He reached into his front pocket extracting he and Bradley's house key. "Feel free to drop in and pick up whatever you need,"

Paige nodded her head as she smiled up at Rashad. "Have a safe flight, and have Kim and Brad have a civil and adult conversation," She said to him.

Rashad chuckled knowing that things had escalated far past Kimora and Bradley ever having a civil conversation. Rashad said his goodbyes, applying a light kiss onto his mother's cheek before doing the same for Jace. He proceeded to head out of the door making his way to his truck. As he pressed the button to bring the truck to life, his phone vibrated in his front pocket.

"Nigga the next time you book me a last minute flight, make sure you give me a warning so I could at least get a cut first," Duke smacked his lips over the phone.

Rashad laughed. "My fault," He apologized. "It's a spur in the moment type thing,"

"Fuck is we going out there to do? I know you don't need me to run a fade with this nigga unless you want to jump him?" Duke furrowed his brows in confusion.

Rashad shook his head. "We not jumping nobody,"

"I mean I wasn't totally against it. If it comes down to it, I don't mind stomping on a nigga while you get your blows in," Duke shrugged his shoulders, hinting that he actually wanted to jump Sincere.

"C'mon, we don't rock like that," Rashad turned down the suggestion. "I just need to make sure Brad's good, he got her uncomfortable while she's out there on business,"

Obnoxiously, Duke smacked his lips loudly over the phone. "Nigga, you and I both know with a temper like yours you gone throw hands as soon as you cross paths with him,"

"I'm telling you, I'm not. I ain't saying I ain't got no other shit planned, but I'm not gonna ruin Brad's business opportunity like that," Rashad clarified. He knew him getting physical with Sincere in public would tarnish Bradley's brand. They already had to deal with the string of club fights that would be permanently circulating the internet. Bradley didn't need Rashad fighting Sincere only to take light off what she was doing at the beauty convention.

Understanding where Rashad was coming from Duke nodded his head. "Alright bet," He agreed. "I'll see you in a little bit,"

"Cool. Preciate you for coming through short notice," Rashad expressed his gratitude.

Duke assured him it was fine before they said their goodbyes and ended the call.

Rashad was ready to put an end to the drama surrounding Sincere. It was as if Sincere got off on putting Bradley in uncomfortable situations. Rashad could never really wrap his head around Sincere's motive. If he was solely just after Bradley, why was he making it his will to have her scrutinized by the media and be painted as this awful person? Kimora could have went without knowing Sincere and Bradley kissed. Sincere voluntarily admitted to it, knowing what type of chaos it would cause since Kimora and Bradley had familial ties. As much as Rashad tried to come to an understanding of what Sincere was doing, he just could never figure out what was Sincere's end goal.